1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Investing

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Years ago someone said to me "you have any Bitcoin?" Me not really knowing too much about it said no dismissively. He said "get some" I forgot and never really paid more attention to it.
    Well, this person is, (who is probably 40 now) works part time and travels the world because of this very good call.
    Thoughts?
    I made a play on XRP recently. A trader I follow made an interesting prediction based on a chart.

recon117 likes this.
  2. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Sure at that time Bitcoin was a good call
    Now? I doubt it. Personally I am investing in P2P at the moment! You have less fluctuations but also less interest

3. Be careful. Do plenty of research.

There are lots of ways to invest your money and some of those ways are popular sounding and chic. But they can end up in huge losses.

Also people aren’t always 100% honest when they say things like “My way got me rich and I now live a life of ease”. I’m guessing there’s more to your friend’s story than what he’s telling you.

——-

I’ve stuck with the ol’ adage “Slow and Easy wins the race”. I’ve bought discounted stocks through my company, dividend stocks on my own, and just plan hard work and saving up. I’m living comfortably. I’m not rich but living well, which is perfectly fine with me.

It took decades to get to this point and that’s what most people need to except.

Get rich plans rarely work.

If you’re not born into money prepare to put your nose to the grindstone, come up with a financial plan, and start working your arse off.

Best wishes!

4. I bought 0.1 BTC just for lolz back in 2015. It cost around 30 American dollars. If I knew that the price is going to shoot up hundredfold I'd probably buy more and make sure I don't lose the damn address.