1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do fat women make for healthier birthing mothers?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Get_It, Nov 4, 2019.

1. It isn't that people "can't" control weight, but that small groups of people evolved/developed resistance to certain things. For example, areas of Europe with thousands of years of intensive grain cultivation, such as parts of Germany/France/Italy show very low rates of heart attack despite a modern, carb heavy, diet. However, areas that found modern farming last (isolated Northern England, for example) show intense sensitivity to carbs, fast weight gain, and frequent heart attacks.

So, it isn't "being naturally fat" but "being unaware of what type of person you are, what your genes/race/ethnicity imply."

For example, if you're a Masai you should eat mostly beef/milk/beef blood. These folks eat this stuff in their native habitat, and it keeps them healthy. In the developed world? Carbs kill them easily. [​IMG]

Get_It likes this.
  2. Are you talking about genetics or metabolic disorders? Cause one of them is well proven and researched and practically a fact. (Genetic ones on the other hand, I have never heard about until I read this thread.)

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

As far as I understood, the discussion was about genetics, so yes, that's what I was talking about. And so called fat genes also have been proven to exist, but their effect on persons ability to lose weight isn't nearly as detrimental as the person to whom I originally replied made it sound like. I'm not very familiar with metabolic disorders, but I've understood that they too are very treatable with right lisechoices and maybe supervision of a proffessional.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. It really depends on what you mean by "fat." But I would say no, that's not true at all. Women who are overweight have many more health risks during pregnancy than women who are of a healthy weight.