1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is anxiety?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Di.Do.555, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Jamwan14

Jamwan14 Fapstronaut

I agree 100% very well said. Confidence beats anxiety. Confidence is king!

Fullyawake and Di.Do.555 like this.
  2. You have your own definition of anxiety that greatly diverges from scientific research, considering it is based on philosophical assumptions you made, I have no further interest here.
    Allot of what you say is wrong
    Read some work of people who study anxiety, research material is plentiful.

3. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

also
    oh..sorry sir!! we are not scientists or research fellows in "oxford dictionary" like you..we are just passing the knowledge that we earned from our own experiences and from other's..you may be the next nobel prize winner..we are just common men..please forgive us :)

4. So you do not want to know how anxiety actually works? You would rather just tell your point of view of how it works and be happy you did?

I am ok with that, I respect that, I just think more of people, I hope they seek to know.

SREENII likes this.
  5. Juggernaut90

Juggernaut90 Fapstronaut

Anxiety is lack of faith.

6. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

I know the feeling well, the most anxiety I have ever felt, much stronger than my social anxiety, was that feeling before a wrestling match. It permeates the very essence of your being, I can feel it in my stomach, my jaw, my arms and legs, but when the match starts it dissapears. Never had a feeling like that before or after.

7. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

yes i want to know how it works..i don't feel my statement is wrong unless you explain how does it become wrong..please correct me if i'm wrong..

8. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

In what?

9. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

How do u handle it ?
    I think that is the closest thing to common sense

Roady likes this.
  10. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Courage is feeling fear and doing it anyway.

11. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut

A very good topic to discuss, I'm glad you brought this up, because all the members of this forum are experiencing more or less anxiety at some point.
    Anxiety feels both psychically in our mind, (when we are consciously loaded and all kinds of thoughts go through our minds) but also physically in our body (for example I happen to feel strong knots in my stomach and throat, then I have need to the toilet).
    The anxiety is resolved in time, the more we leave the comfort zone and we expose certain situations with new people, the better. At first it feels very intense, but over time you will notice that it will diminish.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  12. Juggernaut90

Juggernaut90 Fapstronaut

your destiny

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  13. selfimprovement8008

selfimprovement8008 Fapstronaut

preparation for anxiety can be good too, ( say you know yu have a test this week, study for it and study thoroughly for it) ( trying to get a gf, learn some pickup artist stuff)
    anxiety is chemically related to dopamine serotonin and cortisol and closely to testosterone in my opinion, a dopamine detox will gnerate higher anxiety but if you plan and go with the specific plan during the phase of detox then yu will simply be too busy to feel the anxiety and the body will respond (slowly but surely)that it is ok this part being ok being safe is soul of anxiety so step one realize you are anxious realize why you are being anxious then find ways to combat the reason and be prepared to face it.

14. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

If anyone needs help with anxiety there is a thread in my profile with a method that has worked really well for me.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  15. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

where is the link to the method?

16. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

It's in the "information" section then "find all threads" in my profile.

17. laurensspecht47

laurensspecht47 New Fapstronaut

18. Basically your autonomic nervous system is made up of two big players; these are the sympathetic nervous system and the parasympathetic nervous system.
    In short the parasympathetic system is active when you are eating, resting or sleeping. It's often refered to as the rest-and-digest system.
    The sympathetic system kicks into play under stress. A perceived threat, be it a hungry lion or another, angry human being, will lead to a state of hyperarousal of this system, mainly mediated through the body's HPA-axis, the release of stress hormones such as adrenalin and cortisol from the adrenal glands, which initiates a series of reactions typically associated with anxiety: shortness of breath, dry mouth, sweating, rapid heartbeat, blurry vision, muscular tension, etc.
    Part of the brain that is said to play a big role in anxiety is the amygdala. An anxiety disorder can develop when these systems become imbalanced because of trauma.

Things you have to check out when you are suffering from an anxiety disorder or want to prevent one: Claire Weekes; TRE exercises, mindfulness meditation
    Medications such as SSRIs are often prescribed to treat anxiety disorders, these work by calming the amygdala and block the reuptake of a calming neurotransmitter called serotonin in between nerve cells.

Freeddom_Taker likes this.
  19. anxiety is an atention disorder, you focus your attention on negivitive outcomes whenever an opportunity arises.

better to keep your focus outwards not inwards whenever you have to focus inwards belive that everything will go well and even if it doesn't you'll be fine.

Di.Do.555 likes this.