1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who here gets tired of the suck ups at work?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 4, 2019.

1. The subject line is pretty straight forward and this is a minor rant. I’m sitting here eating my lunch listening to this one girl who doesn’t do very good work doing her daily sucking up and bs-ing to our supervisor. She wastes so much time talking and acting like big. It gets so old after a while and has virtually eliminated any trust I have in telling her anything.

Maybe I’m just getting too old for this junk or have never felt a need to have to do this. On the bright side, I usually don’t have to get roped into doing stuff I don’t want to do since she always volunteers.

csparbs91 likes this.
  2. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

You are completely justified in how you feel. You go to work to do a job. You are expected to do well enough, not waste time, and you are constantly judged based on your performance. And while you are subject to such rules and regulations, somebody else gets to take an easy ride on the Gravy Train and pass on by without much (if any) challenge. It is actually demoralizing to a good worker, having to watch stuff like that. I had a guy quit before due to getting tired watching 2 people stare at him for 8 hours a day while he worked hard doing the same jobs they were hired to do yet never did and never got fired for.

The problem is, there's no solution besides waiting. You can wait them out. Eventually they WILL become obsolete and it WILL show, and YOU will be revealed as their superior in the end. But that can take a long time, and often you cannot afford to wait that long. Either you leave first, or your mental stamina drains out. I am truly sorry that you deal with this....

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Work is like High school. Nothing but Drama, and ass kissing. + Cliques, bullies etc

But hey at least we get paid

4. That’s actually what happened in my last job...I was taken advantage of and passed over for promotions too many times while others were never held accountable. Funny thing was everyone except the boss figured out that’s why I left. The day after I put in my notice, I was offered a promotion. It gave me great pleasure to turn that down.

I don’t suffer here. It’s just funny to me that we’re adults and still feel a need to resort to these tactics. It mentally wears people out and then places can’t figure out why their retention levels suck...

5. I don’t know about you, but at least I can work from home sometimes too. I had to get up early to leave the house to go to high school everyday to put up with the same stuff for no paycheck lol

Hold it in likes this.
  6. Bro consider yourself lucky you can work from home sometimes. lol

I hated highschool. And I hate work but we gotta do it

7. Good for you I constantly tell people to VALUE YOURSELF you did a great job. I AM PROUD OF YOU

8. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I just worry about myself at work and let my work speak for itself. Seems to be working out for me.

9. I just look over those kinds of people. I dont respect them and I try to distance myself from them. Ive worked a lot of different industries and careers and you always have those people. And i find them quite comical. The main thing is to not get associated with them. You dont want it to look like you support their behavior.
    Ill never kiss up to anyone. Never have never will. When asked about things I always give my 100% honest answer even if its not right. If the organization Im at doesnt value what I bring to the table, I will gladly find somewhere that does.
    I currently work for an organization that is unlike any other that ive ever worked, as far as how they operate, expectations, etc. Its a totally different dynamic than 99% of companies. Even here we still have the brown-nosers. I show up, do my job and try to fly under the radar. I dont want bad or good attention. I do my job and go home. I dont stress about it and i dont take work home with me

10. Vijay5610

Vijay5610 Fapstronaut

Yes all are like double faced swords mostly they are so quick smart clever guys

11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I work entirely from home. I quite like the job but I just wish I got paid more. But I'm glad I'm not having to suck up to anyone or deal with any bosses (since I'm my own boss).