1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Correlation to Hair Loss and Semen Loss - Random Rant

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Exit the Matrix, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Exit the Matrix

Exit the Matrix Fapstronaut

Trace minerals (calcium, zinc, potassium, etc.) are essential to proper health and functioning of the body. Typically trace minerals are stored in the body and then used when needed; excess trace minerals are pissed down the toilet if stores are exceeded.

One one of the most important factors to hair loss in the lack of trace minerals, and through masturbation these trace minerals are ejaculated and then the stored amount are then used to regenerate the sperm and spinal fluid (30% of semen fluid stored in the prostate alone).

Imagine if your body lacks proper trace mineral stores in the body, and you are constantly masturbating and replenishing your semen/fluid with whatever trace mineral stores your body has left. As trace minerals are needed through your whole body...you will indeed be causing harm as these necessary minerals will NOT be available for other bodily/cell functions.

So in theory, there should be a correlation to hair loss when semen is discarded through masturbation. Nutrition is also an important factor. For example, phytates inhibit trace mineral absorption, and such phytates are included in oats, seeds, nuts, grains, etc.

Surely animal based foods like meat or eggs have high levels of trace minerals, but on the contrary such foods increase Dihydrotestosterone (or DHT) levels which also inhibit hair growth causing hair loss. For those that eat a plant based diet, it is best to figure out the correct combo in foods which will fill your body with trace minerals, and while doing so keep doing that nofap so not deplete your trace mineral stores.

A good alternative is to take a good trace mineral supplement while doing NoFap. But be very careful and do your research...as such supplements usually contain aluminium, lead, and arsenic.

On the contrary for those eating a plant based diet, you can consume mineral absorption enhancers like garlic or onions with your trace mineral supplement, considering you will be eating phytates. A garlic or onion pill/extract will do the trick.

Sorry for my first post being like this, as it is something that has been on my mind, and something I'm giving to others to think about as well if interested.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Lol i'm sorry, what?

Everything else is basic O-level biology.
    Of all of these, zinc is the only one of concern as far as depletion through masturbation is concerned. In most developed countries, all of the other trace elements present in semen are usually overcompensated through the diet, particularly Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus. (And here, I refer to vegetarians as well; vegans in developed countries usually take supplements to compensate as well.)

So basically, the vast majority of this post deals with the effects of Zn deficiency induced through excessive ejaculation. And yes, Zn deficiency does cause hair loss.

Also- welcome to nofap!

Juggernaut WHO likes this.
  3. Exit the Matrix

Sorry about this,

"The prostate gland contributes about 30 percent of the seminal fluid; the constituents of its secretions are mainly citric acid, acid phosphatase, calcium, sodium, zinc, potassium, protein-splitting enzymes, and fibrolysin"

But yes typically it is more Zinc focused. But I put heavy emphasis on all of these essential minerals as a whole, as certain individuals do not know the nutritional contents obtained from the foods they eat. For example: myself do not drink milk, because of this I most likely have small calcium levels in the body.

Because of this If I were to masturbate on a daily basis without having the daily recommended levels of calcium for example, it will wrack havoc on my body as a whole, and cause inflammation (another cause of hair loss as absorption of minerals are disrupted) due to the lack of calcium which is also depleted through masturbation, especially if such mineral is not well induced into the body on a daily basis.

For some such minerals may be overcompensated, for others it may not sadly to say.

Sorry for my dyslexic response.

4. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Oh you meant seminal fluid. In your first post, it mentioned spinal fluid lol
    I got you.

Two things for you to consider here:
    1. Several studies have shown that the Ca in milk is poorly absorbed by the human body. Something about forming insoluble complexes with proteins; I can't recall clearly.
    2. Ca homeostasis is very tightly regulated by the body; experiencing a Ca deficiency is something very uncommon. You'd have several neuromuscular symptoms manifest in the early stages.

Nothing dyslexic about it. Just letting you and the readers of your post know not to OD on supplements over nothing. ^^ It'll take much more than Masturbation alone to break your body; it is an extremely stable mechanism!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  5. Exit the Matrix

Wow. Your response alone seems simple, yet intellectual ...and I have always been seeking intellectuals to not feel alone. Glad to have joined this community.

6. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

When you're a coomer who coomes all the time, it will thin your hair.

Cmv120 and Hold it in like this.
  7. Exit the Matrix

I thought you were referring to combing, and then I thought about it for a while and see what you did there.

goodnice 2.0 and Get_It like this.
  8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dude, it is all genes. Semen retention has nothing to do with it.

Hold it in likes this.
  9. Exit the Matrix

Its like saying...smoking, drugs, or alcohol doesn't close your growth plates, and your height is strictly genetics.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dude my counter doesn't lie, and I keep losing hair. So when I tell you it has nothing to do with it, it is because I know it has nothing to do with it

11. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

No man I experience hair growth, I experience thinning and receding hair line. After a 60 days of nofap it become thick again. Science hasnt back it up yet like there no sure cure of cancer, but practically what I experience is very personal because its my scalp that has gone some amazing change.

Juggernaut WHO, Ajar and Get_It like this.
  12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Like I said, it is genetics.

13. If you're in this sub, I'm going to assume you're open to qigong.

In qigong theory, hair loss is not only from fapping. It's from damaged and leaking kidney qi. Essentially, everything from eating and drinking cold foods, alcohol, sitting, diet, combine to be the culprit. If you want to regrow your hair, you need a lifestyle overhaul plus tcm plus qigong exercises.

Also, I'm scared to death of losing my hair. Both parents and all my brothers have hair loss. But I'm still standing strong.

goodnice 2.0 and Dovahkin101 like this.
  14. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Although I think regular ejaculations (i.e. semen-loss) contribute to a lack of trace minerals, I do also think fasting can potentially boost the release of these minerals as well. At least, that's what I read somewhere: That if you are fasting for a longer time, living off your reserves, the trace minerals you have left (when there is no food in your belly) will be more properly released, absorbed and recirculated to your bloodstream when there is nothing else that competes with them.

Juggernaut WHO likes this.
  15. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

you clearly didnt understand what I just said

16. PeskyAlien

PeskyAlien Fapstronaut

Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Phosphor, and sulphur, are not trace elements. Literarily whole mountains can be made from dolomite, the mineral comprising of calcium and magnesium. With eventual presence of iron or some other trace minerals. We need these minerals in hundred miligrams, or even grams like Sodium and Potassium.

Minerals can be divided into three groups Macrominerals which I mentioned above, Frequent minerals, - we ned them in small amount, but they arent rare as i. e. Selenium. These are Zinc, Copper, Iron, Molybden, Mangan Chromium. We need them in miligram dosages, except Chromium

Rare minerals Selenium, Gold, Silver, Cobalt, Bismuth, Platinum, and so on. We need Selenium chromium, and cobalt only in microgram doses. One microgram is 1 000 th part of miligram. Bismuth, in form of peptobisma, is/was apreciated in curing stomach illness along with tetracycline meds.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. Captain!

Captain! Fapstronaut

Masterbating. In this picture I am 24 yrs old. Effects on my hair from masterbation is receding hairline and thinning hair.
    IMG_20191115_213825_054.JPG
    After 360 days of Nofap my hair recovered, Im much older yet I recovered, I am now 25 yrs old. To someone saying masterbation is not connected to hairloss is full of bullshit because I have personal experience of hair growth, in this moment of time science cant back it up yet like many things (cure for cancer, etc) that is under development for research for its causality. Try it first, in strict nofap there is always benefits but it requires integrity and dedication. Speaking is very very different from Actual doing.
    IMG_20191115_082922.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  18. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

Another qigong bro in the house! I was doing it for awhile a few months ago. Trying to get back into it.

goodnice 2.0 and Deleted Account like this.
  19. I kindly disagree, man. watch bruce lipton's interview on genes and epigenetics

20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Let's agree to disagree then.