1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons to live.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Infrasapiens, Nov 9, 2019.

1. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Unpopular opinion but why not see what survivors of suicide look like? They almost never want to try it again. Death reveals all men as cowards; you don't need a reason to live to stay alive. Most people in this world simply function as drones anyway. Give them religion or compliments or raises in salary and they automatically find a reason to validate their existence. The weak always look for an entity to validate themselves with and fight vigorously when their purpose is thrown into scrutiny. Most arguments for living are baseless and illogical; helping others isn't a valid reason to live either. The people you help most likely don't have a logical and unbiased reason to exist either.

A man's worth is measured by the number of people that depend on him. Lives are the currency of our planet, not money. Become a reason why people want to exist and face the void of unbearable solitude yourself. This is the paradox every powerful man is fated to face everyday. It is always lonely at the top of the world. Be the man who fills that void.

"The meaning of life is a life of meaning."
    You decide what you want your life to mean. It's agonizingly simple.

holymonity and Get_It like this.
  2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am not a hippie poet looking for "The meaning of life or I'll kill myself". I just want a reason to live, a normal, regular reason. What is the point of living if everything is terrible and can only get worse?

Ineedthisbazz likes this.
  3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

You're arguing semantics at this point. A reason to live is found in life's meaning. I'm not your mother so I can't have a knowledge of the little details of your life; i can (and am only interested) in giving you the general idea of why anyone may want to live. This is that reason.

You're the guy who's duty it is to answer this question. If you don't want people shoving religion or optimism or some other cliche reasons down your throat, you're the one who has to answer this question. No other explanation will satisfy you otherwise.

Roady, Hros, Deleted Account and 3 others like this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Wonderful.

5. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Get an ego.

Get_It likes this.
  6. Thats something I can agree on.

Get_It likes this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am not sure what that is.

8. One woman had two sisters. Father and mother. She lost her father. Her son died when he was born. Then she lost her sister. Sister commited suicide, even when that woman was following her for days and trying to stop her. Then other sister, heartless left her mother to die. The woman tried to do everything to get shit together but it wasn't easy. And then... It happened. Her mother died. She had to leave the house. There was no USSR no more. That's it - VERY MANY people were poor and woman was not an exeption. She worked just for food sometimes. Then she met a dude. They started living and traveling through the country together. Still working for food mostly. After time they had a child together. But a man started drinking more and more and then woman started drinking also. Things went down so bad they had to change places of living. Within 16 years - 10 places. Stress 24/7. Woman was stealing metal to sell it and survive. Man was still drinking. Sometimes she drank also. For weeks. Months. Kid was stressed out. Arguments between parents and screams. Panic, alcohol, moving from one place to another. And it kept going on like that for years.
    Now she's kind of happier than usual. Yet, struggles are there for her. Nerve problems caused by alcohol and her husbands attitude. But she keeps pushing and doesnt ask "What's my reason to live?"
    That woman is my mother. Also I have been through some shit. 16 years - 10 different places of living. Stress. Bullied in school, laughed at cause I was poor. I was overweight, depressed, fapped to my classmates, fapped in school, drank like crazy, smoked 4 cigs in a row and thought I'm about to die.
    But what happened? Time. Brain. Change. I've changed with time by using brain. I realised what is important for me.
    Stop crying. Start smiling :)

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You know, this actually made me feel better. Thank you dude.

Enulv likes this.
  10. Why you have to use bucket? Poverty? Don't be shy to tell, I don't judge. Have been through a lot.

11. DesRevived

DesRevived Fapstronaut

We are all born to have a purpose in life. If you do not have a purpose, you will live in constant depression. A good way to find your purpose in life is through eastern philosophy such as Ikigai.

12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

We have to reduce our use of water because the water that should come from the pipes is stolen by people with water tank trucks (I don't know how they are called). Said people then sell the water for foreing currency to the population.

13. So go out and find some. Have you tried anything new lately?

Why not? Is there any way you can make money?
    (See post below)
    You have to go out and do something, it's the only way. People should not be alone, it's a horrible way to live.

I hate to see you like this, my dude.

koolpal and Get_It like this.
  14. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Sounds like Venezuela.
    I really hope it's not Venezuela my dude.

Get_It likes this.
  15. Maybe being dead would be better for you. Obviously, I'm for people being in control of their lives. It's your life

I wouldn't commit suicide though. Even a shitty life is worth living, because life is a gift. Don't worry man, life is but a fleeting moment, it will be over before you know it

What you attract will ultimately turn into what you become. Live in a negative world? Well guess what? So will you

Deleted Account and Get_It like this.
  16. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

Deadpool is better than him, but Superman is still a cool character. Just not a very good character for his own solo movies/comics, he's much more of a team player since he is so OP he can't really hold his own story that well.

17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is nothing for me outside.

Money has become worthless, or at least legal money. I refuse to be criminal for profit.

There are other places with similar situations.

There is being positve and there is denying reality. No matter how possitive you are, bad things are still bad.

I actually don't like Superman at all.

18. Maybe it's time to talk to your family about your issue.

Roady likes this.
  19. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I'm going to take this as a "no, I'm not in Venezuela".

20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I don't think so. There are enough problems already.