1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness question regarding Endurance

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Should I have rest days when I'm training for endurance?
    I'm taking Krav Maga classes and I want to improve my stamina and core strength. I lift heavy 3x week but I'm thinking of adding cardio 7 days a week. Should I do it?

2. I don't have the answer. I would ask r/fitness. But I'm pretty sure you need rest days for cardio and endurance as well. Try it and see how hard it is lol.

3. 2019 Vic

2019 Vic Fapstronaut

Try do cardio in days you don't lift, for general is recommended 24 to 48 hours of resting but you can periodize your training. I'm not of land fitness just what a see in general videos. Sorry for my English, so depends of your level and for what you doing try talk someone in fitness world's.

4. I think cardio should be done everyday. Like in the morning before work is probably ideal. But many people don't have time. Maybe do your long runs on days you're not lifting. And shorter runs on the lifting days. Rest is training too!

2019 Vic likes this.
  5. 2019 Vic

2019 Vic Fapstronaut

Depends of cardio type for lifting heavy maybe a cardio moderate can be done fine everyday but HIT NOT I guess the guy must research for better cardio for him like pros contras and how to do correctly

6. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Try it for a week, if it works, keep going, if you are unable to recover, cut back a day a week until your feel good. No point in fitness if it makes you feel like shit all the time.

7. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

7 days sounds 2 much to me. Maybe start with 3 days and see how it goes from there. If you wanna go for long runs than in my experience, you need rest days in the beginning. Its need time to recover and this way you can prevent injuries. ^

8. Fitness is something combines allot of facets and things like, diet, rest, supplementation, body type, personal goals among other must be considered.
    I suggest you find personal trainer or someone with few years experience to help guide you, there is no need to train with them every time, just meet with him/her and formulate a plan and share your progress, questions etc.

This will save you allot of headache and possible injuries.

Typically you want to rest 1-2 days from all workouts.
    Also consider that going full out with weights increases muscle mass, but doing more reps in shorter sets increases endurance of muscles.
    For what I do, I prefer to do 20 reps 15 times and feel normal, instead of 25 reps 5 times and feel completely exhausted with pain of recovery after.
    With this approach you never really "kill" yourself and can workout more days without massive pain of recovery.
    In the end you do allot more reps continuity instead of trying to burn yourself out and then recover

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2019
  9. Ted Hughes

Ted Hughes New Fapstronaut

I workout 7 days a week, 5 days of resistance training and cardio all 7 days. It's certainly doable, but it's important to make it something that you work your way up to instead of jumping right into all out. Gradually build up your stamina and work rate ability in order to avoid injuries and burn out. If you want to workout every day, you should vary the intensity of the workout and alternate muscle groups. While I do cardio 7 days a week, 2 of those days are more "recovery" rides following leg days, where I do light resistance and a shorter ride just to get the blood flowing to the muscles to aid in recovery, and follow it with some injury prevention exercises and a nice long stretch. Most importantly, listen to your body! If you think it might be too much, it probably is too much. Build yourself up over time, and you'll eventually get to where you want to be.