1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wake up before the alarm challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Oct 30, 2019.

1. 0/3 again. The alarm got me this time, slept like a baby :D

At least I'm improving in the sense that I wake up by myself more often now than before the challenge. Hopefully one day I have developed the power needed to wake up by myself three days in a row.

2. 1/3 again. I'm quite steadily waking up before the alarm every second day :D

Today I woke up at 05:20, went out to the outdoor gym and did 100 pullups and 20 dips. Was out for one and a half hour.

3. [BLANK]

[BLANK] Fapstronaut

I am not sure how to wake up without the help of the alarm, unless my biological hour got adjusted in a way that I get used to waking up at a certain time. Any tips?

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  4. If you go to bed and go up the same time everyday and make sure you sleep enough hours, it should do the trick. What I do when I go to sleep is also telling myself to go up when it’s morning, so that I’m not lying there if I’m awake. However it’s not easy, obviously! Resetting again...
    0/3

[BLANK] likes this.
  5. hmm this is definitely an advanced challenge. Like @[BLANK] I'm in need of the instruction. I guess the first requirement is a good sleep routine. Or at least a good knowledge of your sleep routine.

[BLANK] and Force Majeure like this.
  6. Yeah I agree, it’s an advanced challenge. However, @Rising Force who have practised this for some time completed the challenge on his first try! Really a brilliant performance. Since I started, I have woken up by myself five out of eleven times.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  7. 2/3, yes!! Finally I made it two times in a row!

8. 3/3, challenge completed! Feels like a huge success :)

9. Even though my alarm was set to 05:10, I managed to wake up ten minutes before.

Retention, 4/3

10. Retention, 5/3

Suddenly I lerned how to get consistent results in this challenge. :)

11. 6/3, it’s weekend so no alarm, will count it as another retention day as I woke up at 05:50 :)

12. 8/3, still retention. Woke up at 05:10 today. :)

13. Back in November, I promised to take this challenge again...

Today I woke up just before my alarm. Right at 10:28 :emoji_upside_down:

Force Majeure likes this.
  14. Haha! Today I woke up 05:30, 30 minutes before the alarm. Started the day with refreshing my knowledge in electrodynamics.

I challenge you with a three day challenge!

0/3

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  15. 1/3, woke up at 05:13, morning exercises + electrodynamics

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2020
    The Great Safecracker likes this.
  16. Today was very similar to yesterday. My rhythm has been out of place for a long time. Let's see if I can do it with 08:00 first.

Force Majeure likes this.
  17. 2/3, woke up at 05:15

Maybe I should add that the alarm rings at 06:00 but my light turns on with weak red light at 05:00. In that way I know when it’s time to go up, without having to check the time.

18. I tried to go to bed at midnight but I wasn't sleepy at all. I woke up at eight for alarm.

Is it easier to get up when using that light? Do you feel more fresh or something like that?