1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop counting the days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by David1221, May 22, 2018.

1. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Totally agree. The one can relapse only 3 times in a whole year and still, his count can show 2 days, 3 days... It's discouraging.

SirErnest likes this.
  2. FY_33

FY_33 Fapstronaut

the day counter helps me so much tho, and reading my journal, i can evaluate myself

3. coldhearted

coldhearted Fapstronaut

Well if it happens it happens. You're no longer in that streak anymore so you shouldn't brag about it that much...

4. Hustler0008

Hustler0008 Fapstronaut

Really! Counting days starts to backfire after certain phase.
    You feel like you are being compelled by someone [like your past self] to just add up the streak. After certain time, you will feel adding streak as compulsion and hence, you will relapse.
    That's from my experience!!

The post was awesome!1

5. BetterMeandI

BetterMeandI Fapstronaut

counting days does not result in relapse, triggering yourself results in relapse

metobefree likes this.
  6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I completely disagree with your analysis of the counter, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. This just means that we experienced the counter differently. I want people who disagree with your view on the counter to know that it is okay. It works for some and it doesn't for others. For me, it has helped tremendously. I await milestones. It is terrific in conjunction with my mindset which is very similar to the other points that you have made here. So I was a little confused at some parts of your post. To me, some of your deductions didn't make sense. But again, that doesn't mean that you are wrong and I am right. We seem to operate a little differently and that's just fine.

I get much satisfaction when I reach 50, 90, 100! It sparks me!

This statement right here IS the truth no matter if you use a counter or not. I agree with this 100%. This is the mindset that I have, this is the mindset I wake up to every morning, and every time I go into a potentially triggering environment.

Other than that, Congratulations on how far you have come!

7. dovrha

dovrha Fapstronaut

yes yes yes

8. After a damn week, stop counting. Get on with your damn life. So you mess up, what difference does it make if it's 3 days or 92 days? Who cares?