1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and unwanted erections in wrestling

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Hi, I'm a 20 year old competing wrestler, and I've been trying to abstain from masturbation several times now. But every time I try, I increasingly get unwanted erections, particularly when I play my sports, which is really embarrassing because of the revealing nature of my wrestling gear and the close body contact with other wrestlers. I abstained for five weeks now, and it happens now basically every time. Is this normal and how can I stop it from happening? Thanks, Stuart.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

swordsman163 likes this.
  3. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Consider investigating an article of clothing called a "dance belt". Its basically a thong-like athletic supporter that has a bit extra padding in the front. These are Worn by ballet dancers below their tights / leotards to preserve a bit of modesty and may help even if there is some arousal. Perhaps that can help you. They are certainly a bit hard to find but there are several places in New York City that should be able to assist and ship you whatever you may need. Likely suppliers / outlets exist in other cities where there is a large group or culture of ballet.

In the meantime, try a cold shower - seriously - they do work to tame urges thoughts, and "physical reactions" !

One day at a time is how we all succeed.