1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should i watch the Joker?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Di.Do.555, Nov 18, 2019.

Should i watch the joker?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

I am sick of wasting time watching "propaganda" movies.
    Is Joker a propaganda movie?
    (A movie where you are shoved shitty ideologies.)

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

no brother
    its a masterpiece.....and i am not exaggerating ........
    the character transition is the the beauty of the film.........and sometimes its funny also........
    also i like this kind of cinema..........its worth watching

3. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Definitely worth watching!

4. The only real question is why haven't you yet?! It's an awesome movie! Well worth watching! :D

5. It's an interesting film about mental illness and the (lack of) care and compassion given to the mentally ill, broken political narratives, poverty and tribalism, all disguised as a supervillain origin movie.

And no, it's not a movie about Incels. I don't even know why the fuck people keep saying that it is. I'm ashamed that term has become a household phrase.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

So if you agree with the ideology it's not propaganda?

Maybe because Heath Ledger is the joker and no one can replace him. I will never see The Joker because Joaquin Phoenix is an imposer.

Di.Do.555 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Joaquin Phoenix is a good actor. I liked him as the Joker, I've really liked all incarnations of the Joker in the movies though

8. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I personally hate almost all movies that are made today. However, I LOVED the joker film. It is very good.

There is a message to it, I would say. But it isn't any sort of propaganda. So, Joker is an anti hero in this, or a dark hero. He is a lovable monster. He is the sort of character where at first glance you see him as a monster, but after a conversation to get to know him, you walk away thinking that maybe you are the real monster.

I think the message in it is that society has a horrible and horrific side to it, and then they show you a monster be made, and you sympathize with him. And the point is that if the horrific side of our society didnt exist, you would not be able to sympathize with Joker, thus it proves the point because you can. It's not propaganda about any one subject. Its just about how you should pay attention to your actions toward other people. They have real effects and consequences.

WesternWolf, Espi1971, u376 and 2 others like this.
  9. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

It is a clear yes.
    Thanks guys.

u376 and Hold it in like this.
  10. Personally I think all that cartoon/comic book shit is for children, HOWEVER
    I saw Joker on a whim and it was some of the best acting I've seen in a long time. Watch it if you're undecided.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I agree but he shouldn't have played The Joker.

12. I'm curious as to why you think that? To be clear I'm only asking because I'm interested, I'm not trying to bring any negative thoughts, I've heard weird things about him as person but extraordinary things about him as an actor.