1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting over this fear/anxiety

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Phillycheesebomb, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Phillycheesebomb

Phillycheesebomb Fapstronaut

So I have had anxiety for as long as i can remember. And get trapped in my thoughts and overthink way to much. Always been a quiet shy guy. Shit even when i was born the doctors said expect shyness. I had a childhood friend that i was close to several years ago turn out that he was Gay. I had no idea, never told me and i was shocked when i found out. I no longer talk to him and I Have been single for many years and have had sex 2 times and 1 of the times i was unable to get off, i think partially from being drunk and the other i was fapping heavily at the time. Been fapping since i was 14. My friends later found out about this and then starting acting differently towards me. They would start making remarks about gay people, put on shows that had people that way in them. It started to become very obvious to me and I started to get nervous and mad about it. So i kinda drifted away from them. But still had the anxiety that people were thinking i was that way. I got fed up with all of it and did NoFap and I'm currently on day 402 of no fapping. It has helped me with my confidence and feeling better about myself. Still single. Just recently got together with an ex girlfriend that I've never had sex with always wanted too but we just slept in the same bed many times And cuddled. I noticed when we got together watching tv she would keep glancing over at me when there was a guy on the tv, kinda hard to explain so then i start to get nervous and I'm kinda awkwardly looking at the tv looking back at her. Also kept bringing up that one old friend knowing i don’t speak with him anymore. Just makes me mad that she started the same thing now. Then i start to get quiet and it just gets awkward. What is my best way to get ahold on all of this. Im not that way don't Nor do i want to be, i just think people refer back to that one friend i had and me being single for so long. When i see my friends too, i never ask them if they have girlfriend or if there seeing anyone either. I just don't bring that type of stuff up and never have. Just been Shy quiet person.

what are some suggestions on getting over this fear of people thinking this way about me.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    LoooL likes this.
  2. LoooL

LoooL Fapstronaut

i think you should move this thread to self improvement forum.. you might get help there... good luck

3. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

It isn't the solution you will want, and it will not bring you much comfort to hear this, but I dont think there is a lot you can do.

See, you cannot control what people think of you. If you are smart, some people will always believe you are ignorant. If you are well mannered, there will always be people who claim you are rude. You should never worry about what other people think of you because it is beyond your control.

There are some people, such as certain (but not all) family members, lovers, or friends, who should be allowed for their opinions about you to matter. But not too many. Instead, you should mostly recognize who you are, why you are that way, and realize which qualities are truly holding you back from a higher state of existance such as having better life success. Anything that truly makes you weak and unsuccessful may need to be changed. If so, change it for yourself, not for anyone else. The people who truly matter will help show you these bad traits perhaps. But you are the ultimate judge of your own character, and for this reason you must be TRUE and HONEST with yourself in all things.