1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm starting to become ashamed of this community

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It’s either you talk about this toxic shite that keeps happening or you just shut up and become completely ignorant, the old “live and let live” mentality doesn’t fix anything and makes things worse. Speaking up and pointing fingers at issues helps in lots of ways, there’s never a reason we should settle for sexism or other problems.

Considering most folks make light of it and find this bloody amusing, says a lot already.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Agreed, but I'm also a little ashamed at the way things are run to allow some of this stuff. I'm definitely not ashamed of the entire community of people here. I hope that was clear enough in my post.

3. Yeah, it's really aggravating to have people act like something isn't a problem, because they haven't seen the problem. I havent met anyone with AIDs or lived among people with no clean water. That doesn't mean those problems don't exist. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to recognize that they might just not be aware of the issue, rather than acting like all of us who are aware of it are just crazy or lying or something.

kropo82 and Deleted Account like this.
  4. Oh, it was, i just wanted to clarify what i meant also for anyone who juat reads the title and sees me agreeing

5. @Lilla_My to be clear, nothing you're saying is necessarily bad advice. It just doesn't have to be one or the other. I've been doing the things you're saying for years, and it hasn't magically fixed the larger problem of leadership issues here. So I'm ready to talk about those issues, and I don't believe there's anything wrong with talking about them.

6. It's not. [They] have been giving me tons of shit for saying lighthearted stuff like this. I would delete that post tbh.

Hold it in likes this.
  7. Youre. right Deleted, :'(

8. Beamer

Beamer Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My Journal
    Hello,

This is a kind but urgent request to keep the discussions on topic and to respect each other's opinion.

Like the Dalai Lama often says: all people regardless of gender, race, country, culture, religion, ...really all want the same:
    to be happy, to be healthy, to see their children grow up happily and to just live a good life... We're not so different really !

It's ok to have different opinions and to discuss things, that's something that we can all benefit of.
    So please let's do this and keep things pleasant and respectful for everybody, we all gain that way.

We're all brought together here by our pmo addiction one way or another, so let's focus on conquering that and support each other, i'm sure you can agree
    with that !

Thank you for reading this, enjoy your day.

-Beamer
    NoFap ModerationTeam

9. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Yes, you've made it very clear that you think we are all ignorant.

Just what if... you haven't really explained your problem in a way that the majority can understand?

One would think that it's your responsibility, as the thread starter, that in a pedagogical way explain what this thread is about. If everyone, as you say, continuously misunderstand you, you are either unfortunate enough to be surrounded by complete morons OR you have somehow failed to get your point across.

Again, this is your thread that you've started.

Now we are getting somewhere; an actual example. This is obviously appalling behaviour and extremely upsetting. I have not seen this thread, but hope that moderators will comment on why this wasn't taken down. All posts I've reported have been removed, so my trust in the moderating team have been intact up until this point. It doesn't mean that you or others haven't had dissimilar experiences.

I thought my profile made it clear that I am not a dude.

Nobody is saying that you are wrong or that it's bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I often get the sense that you are less interested in the topic and more interested in arguing. If someone doesn't understand, help them understand. Give them real examples of what you mean in various ways. You often have awfully good points, but they get drowned in your own frustration.

what does this even mean? I read it five times and I still don't get what you are trying to say.

10. Is that post still up? If it is, I don't know what's worse, the guy suggesting that or the mods deciding to leave it around.

11. Except she has though, not only in literally the beginning of the thread but also over and over again in lengthy detail. Not really sure how it can honestly get much clearer than that. :emoji_shrug:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  12. Meh, it didn't take that long to type it out. And why do you keep sabotaging yourself? You're admitting to wanting to throw around ad-hominems as if you were 15 instead of 35 rather than least owning up to your lie.

Granted, expecting this from you is a long shot, it seems.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

You’re the one saying how guys that are against misogyny are weak, whilst you’re unironically crying about being bullied online, lol

14. I will just offer my two cents...

A lot of people on the internet are using it after a long day of dealing with whatever shit is present in their lives, so they consciously or unconsciously bring it into their activities over at the forums. So, them calling shit to you, just means that they are trying to regurgitate whatever issues they were fed by their surrounding people, and it goes on...

Being anti-woman, anti-repressed people is in fashion, and so in being in favor of these. Those who practice what they preach are very rare on both sides of the equation.

Moderators can't control everything people say, or handle reports to keep the reporter happy, even if they are more in the right side of things than the user being reported. So yelling at them is never worth it. (Not saying the OP yells at moderators, lol). Just, saying that they get more blame than they deserve.

Being a d!€k or a €uπt behind a keyboard is very easy. Often times people who hate everything use it as a tool to spread negativity in lives of honest folks, because they realize that their insanity has an affect over such folks and they can get inside their heads and spoil their mood. This is their primary objective and they have nothing whatsoever in the name of the agenda they are speaking for or against. They just wanna mess up with people's heads and derive amusement out of it. So, they are not worth your peace of mind, (it sounds lame and wrong but it's just being sensible) and the best thing to do is mute and move on.

If humanity as a whole stuck to the antics of such people, no progress would have been made. You are worth more than the garbage minds of such folks, and you'd be better served if you stop giving them your valuable attention and let them rot in their own negativity.

recon117 and need4realchg like this.
  15. It's not up anymore, but it took a hell of a fight to finally get it taken down. Which is absurd. It should never take more than one report to take something like that down. Let alone dozens of reports over the span of several months, along with several threads complaining about why on earth nothing is being done about it.

16. K, I'm gonna have to be done with this thread. I've said everything I need to say, and I think if you don't get it yet, you probably never will. So what's the point in repeating myself over and over?

I brought up what I needed to bring up. There's nothing more for me to say.

FellatiousD and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Exactly... idk what that even means. I have explained it over and over again. So as I said, if you still don't get it, you're never going to get it. That's not my problem.

18. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

If the emphasis in the initial post would be on "the moderation team must do more" instead of "the community is shit", I think more people would not only agree, but also be on board from the start :)

brilliantidiot and need4realchg like this.
  19. It was also highlighting the sexism and problems of this forum people don’t notice, or are apparently okay with. I’ve seen stuff like that happen in other sub forums such as self improvement, men berating other men especially when it revolves around women, and really them saying just straight up misogynistic things which they “claim” is how we all are.

I guess you haven’t seen it but I certainly have, so I know what she’s talking about.

20. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

So... Would you say that... You don't understand that reference?

Sorry, I'm just having my own fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.