1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid things you've done because you were tired

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 18, 2019.

1. So I had an early day at work a few days ago. Hours before the sunrise kinda deal. I wake up and make my cup of Earl Grey. I can't wait for that glorious first sip. I reach down for the mug. What? This mug has no handle on it. Where did it go? Did I break it? What's going on?

Turns out I made my tea in a bowl. A fucking bowl.

What dumb things have you done while under the influence of fatigue?

2. Lol that's amazing.

One time, when I was little, I was staying in a hotel suite with my family. There was a little living room, then a bathroom in the middle, and then the bedroom on the other side (so the bathroom had two doors, one leading to the living room and one to the bedroom).

So anyway, my parents were in bed, and my sister and I were watching a movie in the living room. I was really tired, so o went into the bedroom, and I didn't realize the bathroom door (the one that went to the living room) had shut behind me. But of course, being a kid wanting to stay up late with my big sis even though I was exhausted, I decided to go back in the living room and keep watching the movie. So I turned back around and ran into what I thought was another person.

I said, "oh, sorry," and then stood there with my heart pounding, completely disoriented, freaking out that someone was in our hotel room.

Until I realized that someone was me, because there was a full length mirror on the back of the door, and that's what I ran into.

3. Put my coffee pot in the fridge after getting a cup. Stepped on the cat to said fridge

4. I also remember a time when I was so exhausted that I completely blacked out. Nothing particularly funny happened, though. I just remember falling asleep on the floor of the hospital waiting room, where my dad was having surgery, and then I remember being in the hotel room with my aunts, getting ready for bed. No idea what happened in between those two things.

Deleted Account and letter like this.
  5. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    It was an early morning, and I had barely slept. I think I was somewhere between going on autopilot and the twilight zone.

So I'm making some cereal. I think I was having some kind of healthy oat kind of thing with nuts in it. I'm just finished pouring the milk when the phone rings. This was back before cell phones were popular, it was one of these kinds:

[​IMG]

I think it was just one of those random scam calls. I was thinking, "you know, it may be fun to see if I can talk to the human being who is doing this and waste as much of their time as I can." So I waited and waited as the automated scam pitch was rolled out....but there was no option anywhere to connect with the human behind the scam.

I felt so disappointed about this missed opportunity as I put the phone away into the fridge.

I didn't notice my mistake until I tried to put the milk into the phone charger.... XD

6. So far you all are way worse than I thought with this and am honestly a little concerned.

7. lol

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Hey, at least I didn't try answering the milk. Give me some credit, man :p

9. I swear, my husband does this kind of thing on like a weekly basis. My favorite example is one night, we were eating strawberries. So we had a plastic thing of berries, and a paper towel for the stems.

Well, when he went to put the stuff away, I heard him laughing in the kitchen. He said he almost put the paper towel full of stems in the fridge. It was mildly funny.

But what was EXTRA hilarious was when I opened the cabinet with the pots and pans the next day, and there, sitting on the shelf, was the little paper towel full of strawberry stems.

So after he almost put it in the fridge, and laughed at himself for it, he then put it in the pots and pans cabinet instead of the trash. I died.

10. It was years ago, I was so tired after working midnight shift I poured my tea onto the cereal.

Plenty of other things I’ve done wrong while exhausted. Putting the wrong item into the frig or freezer is certainly one of them.

The worse are the public ones. I no longer go to the grocery store after working graveyard shift since there’s been more than once I’d blank out on my debit card PIN number and stand there looking at the pay machine like a big dummy, trying to remember the number. I’d end up using a credit card or cash if I had it.

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

This happend at least two days ago. I played Deus Ex all day, and was even hessitant about going to sleep. I finally went to bed, but all I could think about was Deus Ex. When my alarm rang, I shut it off and thought "I tripped an alarm. I just need to load the game and I will be able to sleep all I want forever". My brother then got in the room yelling me to get up as we were 30 minutes late, I answered "If I'm going to kill you, you are already dead". Then I realized I was awake.

Best game ever.

12. I feel like this happens to me when I play sims a lot. It just changes the way I view everything in the world. I'm not just making breakfast, I'm improving my cooking skill. And every time I see a dumpster, I want to go search it for treasures to sell.

13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I noticed a string on my pajama pants just as I was getting ready to hit the sack. I was on one of those anti-procrastination crusades, so I quickly grabbed my pocket knife to cut the loose string. I dropped the knife, and it impaled in my leg. I was lucky not to hit a blood vessel. Still have a decent scar.

14. Once tried to make coffee but forgot to put the coffee pot under the dispenser. There was coffee everywhere.

15. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Just a couple of days ago I put a bottle into the sink instead of back in the fridge.

16. Did you at least try it? lol

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  17. LOL! No I threw it out and did it with milk.

18. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Spraying with a water hose, but having it upside down and fired the water on my own face <.>

19. I felt it in my bones.

Deleted Account and LEPAGE like this.
  20. One of my cousins was mixing some herbs, and I happened to pass by, touched the button (the lid wasn't there) and the kitchen got painted green. (I was 7-8 years old at the time.) And then I ran away and as nobody saw me do it, it was one heck of a time for her to explain it to the elders as she had no idea either. (Admitted it to her many years later.)