1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone on youtube?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Vijay5610, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Vijay5610

Vijay5610 Fapstronaut

Does anyone have a channel on YouTube? Can we earn by youtube?

2. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I dont have a channel of my own. What do you mean, "can we earn by youtube?"

3. I have a channel but it’s just for fun, if you want to earn actual dosh using that platform good luck.

4. I didn't know you were on YouTube. That's cool. You should send me your channel link if you're okay with sharing it. If not, that's okay too. No worries :)

I'm on YouTube, and it kind of depends on what kind of content you make, and how good your content is, but I definitely would not bank on making money off of YouTube.

5. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

You have to have a certain number of subscribers, hours of your content watched, and a certain number of views per video to become monetized and begin making money. 1,000 subs or views I think. Not sure. But even so, you will make VERY LITTLE money at all for a long time. It isnt until you get to several thousand subs and views that you actually begin making enough money to even notice you're actually making money. I know, it sounds depressing. I am starting a podcast on Anchor myself and had to learn the hard truth about some of this stuff.

Personally, I would just make content and videos you enjoy making and not expect it to ever go anywhere. That's what I am gonna do.

6. It's 1,000 subscribers and you have to have at least 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months.

Triplex VII likes this.
  7. I’ll be on my PC tomorrow so I can send you a link, but honestly I doubt it’ll be your cup of tea (especially with your different tastes :cool:). It consists of game guides, game related stuff, memes and kinda just random rubbish to be honest. It’s kind whatever I want it to be and essentially nobody watches anyways, but I think it’s kinda cool to have been a member only a few years after YouTube launched. My friend created the account and gave it to me a month later because they were bored with it, so I’m stuck with a daft username. lol

I enjoy uploading stuff even if it isn’t watched, but I do like it when I’m able to help others with my guides!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  8. Wow... lol, interesting info. I am into a few gaming, shitpost-meme kinda channels about the games of my interest. Some of them appear simple, but when I talk to the creators, they demand a lot of time to come up with ideas for a 2 min shitpost stuff.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. My husbands a gamer, he might enjoy it ^_^ still, it'd be cool to just check out what you're up to

10. On one of my YouTube channels I put up time lapses cruise ship videos that I’ve made. But I haven’t done a video in a few months.

Here’s one I made from my trip on the Ruby Princess:

There are cruise ships regularly coming into San Francisco Bay. I enjoy going out to see them and take pics/videos but I haven’t done it in a while since I’ve been getting more into the sport of climbing.

My next cruise is in March and I’ll certainly be making another cruise video then. Be fun to see everyone else’s videos.

Vijay5610 likes this.
  11. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

The video look good you should post more. I can see people who are into cruise ships watching it. Was there a problem with the audio? I was not able to hear anything.

12. It's time lapsed so no natural audio and I didn't add an audio track. I'm a beginning beginner when it comes to these videos and I'm not sure how to go about adding audio.

13. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I have a YouTube account, which I only use to subscribe to channels so their new videos/episodes pop up on the main page when I go there. I’ve never really used it to comment on anything or upload any videos of my own.

14. Some good memes have been started through there, it’s not easy coming up with something that will catch on. Shitposting is hard work, especially if you use that rubbish program Adobe Premier that crashes all the bloody time.

It really is random, I just come back to it months later and am like, “I should upload this”. I dunno, I also haven’t had the time to create anything so we’ll see, I may (if I’m allowed) start posting stuff from development especially the weird and bloody hilarious glitches I accidentally seem to keep creating. lol

15. Deadpool98

Deadpool98 Fapstronaut

Vegas pro is a good one I've used it a few times you can add audio using that.

16. I use windows movie maker for editing, and while it is definitely nothing fancy, it gets the job done and is super simple for people who have no idea how to do computer stuff. Lol

17. Hitman Blood Money! That's some nostalgia.

And wtf is that "get a little" video lol.

18. That’s my favourite Hitman out of all, I was chuffed when they said they would be releasing it in HD.

Ah, that was what one of the cards was like in the shop here. It was definitely out there, especially since someone took the time to do that. :D

19. Deleted Account likes this.