1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I had to quit the cold showers (sorry)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Demodectic, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

In the last 2 days it is FREEZING cold over here. I can not manage the cold showers anymore. Not when the weather is less than 60 F (15 C )

Are you other guys still doing it even now in the freezing cold of Winter?

I actually started to feel that I am getting sick. I have a runny nose and sneezing. The beginnings of "a cold" so i decided to quit the cold showers (Maybe they are to blame for my sickness)

Deleted Account and Espi1971 like this.
  2. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

If you don't feel like you are getting any benefit out of them, don't do them. A more productive test of willpower would be going for a run in the cold.

3. DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett Fapstronaut

Oh yes, cold showers. I don't feel like I am getting much benefit out of cold showers any more. Still, cold showers are supposed to boost the immune system. I continue taking cold showers because I don't want to lose the benefits of having cold showers.

Demodectic likes this.
  4. I was never a fan of cold showers. I don't know how anybody can do the cold shower treatment

5. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

I thought I was to make a man out of us ......but when it gets to the point of getting sick I think it's not worth it

6. lol, there are no quick one trick hacks to being a better person.

Deleted Account and Demodectic like this.
  7. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

I had the first year where I didn't get sick this year, and I think it is because of cold showers. Keep doing them, 15c isn't even that cold. Also you should do them just to prove to yourself that you can.

Deleted Account and Demodectic like this.
  8. Unlike everyone, i suffer from a condition where my body temperature naturally reduced. So cold shower, hot shower, warm, lava, ice.... does not matter because my temperature with naturally drop or raise to a specfic number. My doctors say its a strange homeostatis.

Coldshowers all the way for me. Right now my room temperature is around 21 degrees celcius.

Like I said, I'm naturally reduced in body heat, but if you think it would affect you, please do not push yourself to the point where it costs you your health. Take warm showers if you must.

9. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

I hear guys saying that 15 c is not that bad and that they're still doing them but there's no proof for me to know if these people are actually telling the truth if they're actually taking freezing cold showers in the winter we are in. I was doing cold showers faithfully for the last 2 months but just now that it got so cold it's a different story.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Demodectic

Demodectic Fapstronaut

I will try going back to the cold showers but first I have to recover from this illness

11. Do not risk your health that much. You came here to give and addiction and to improve your health whether physically or mentally. Do what works best for you. Just my take on it.

12. Urge Surfer

Urge Surfer Fapstronaut

If
    If you are coming down with a cold it is wise to stop the cold showers until it has passed. Once better......back to the cold showers

13. 15 degrees isn't cold at all where I'm from - it's pretty mild early summer / late spring weather. What's average temperature like where you're from?

Kamikaze_Aeroplane27 likes this.
  14. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Haha i tried it myself also but man, i love my hot showers.

15. Yeah. I don't normally do cold showers in the winter for that reason. But with my current schedule, I can't fool myself that I'm spending my days and nights in anything other than a climate controlled building. In fact, the gym locker room I shower in is hot. So, I often crave a cold shower when I walk in.

16. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

I am taking cold shower for 3 months. I love it.
    I also tried ice in bathtub for 15 minutes dip. Wimhof says it's good.

17. exsebal

exsebal Fapstronaut

Like others have said, if it's not helping you that much then reconsider doing them. What I found helped to really get into it in the beginning was starting off warm and then turning it progressively colder every 30 seconds or so until you get to the lowest temp.

Also what may have helped is that I live in the south, so the water never gets that cold haha.

I did cold showers for about 3 years and I plan on going back to it. Did it help with NoFap? For me, not too much. Did it help me in other areas? Yes! I always felt better after a cold shower once I got used to it. It also helped me to take showers more quickly since its so uncomfortable while you're in the cold water. Also I think it helped with my acne a bit.

18. The Scottish shower is very interesting. Wash with very hot then for however long use cold water. You get the hygienic effects of the hot water

19. Windkick

Windkick Fapstronaut

As waylare said, take a hot shower to increase body temperature, then when you're warm enough switch it to cold and it won't be as much of a shock to your body.

A trick I learned recently is to fill a glass with cold water, submerge your junk into it for a desired amount of time, then go to bed. I've kept wet dreams at bay for a number of days with this technique and perhaps many more.

20. Fuck I've never had a wet dream in my entire life