Cliques in nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by need4realchg, Nov 17, 2019.

Have you noticed there are cliques in NoFap?

1. Yes and I like that

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yes and I don’t like it.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No, or don’t agree.

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. I have never bullied anyone on this forum. Saying stuff you disagree with is not bullying. :rolleyes:

Deleted Account and CTRL + DEL like this.
  2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Telling people they can’t share their beliefs and labeling them things like misogynists certainly is.

3. But what does that have to do with cliques ?

4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

This discussion has moved back to the thread it should be on.

What are your thoughts on the topic?

Subgroups are healthy and happen everywhere, but e are you finding support here? If not, maybe we need to look at what community resources there are and maybe look at it what we can add.

need4realchg likes this.
  5. It’s the basic problem as the facebook like button for 12 year olds.

the more sensitive the person is, the stronger the desire and impact of getting likes. At some point getting likes can supersedes our rationale because one is a emotional construct versus a logical one. Hence why cliques for me aren’t a plus.

i have seen what I’d call “hive mind” with females in the SO support forums... and for guys it’s often the political or environmental themes. The pressure builds for a person to not disagree with those whom you have liked previously.

It’s a delicate balance using positive peer pressure to change versus turning off thinking to be part of the clique you identify with.

I don’t see a systemic way of preventing this, I just find it is healthy when we “break rank” and vote according to our conscience not our previous like patterns.

Support groups help with varying degrees of separation or diversity, but cliques who are automatons of each other, not so much.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I've had similar thoughts in the past. Sometimes I do just that, break patterns. It's also why I don't understand people who thank others for likes or follows... my thoughts are always: You wanna follow me? Okay. Don't wanna follow me? Equally okay.

need4realchg likes this.
  7. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

My vote goes to "There most likely are, but I don't care."

GottaBFree likes this.
  8. Yeah but its more just a categorization of people & the people that're alike stick together. This is how life works.

For example. People overly religious and have an unnecessary admiration for "god", stick w eachother.

People that are strict boy scouts and follow the rules and believe in law & order, stick w eachother.

Those 2 coincide often.

Then you have people like me, which is the minority. Idk, people will describe me (& my mindset) in alot of different ways/terms lol. If anybody knows me, you know what im saying. Id prefer not to categorize myself, but its rare bc people see things like laws or big risks and deter their actions. Thwy get scared, worried about consequences, etc. If i would word this in a non diplomatic way of what i actually feel, i wpuld get pushback. Bc to me, im keeping it real, but others arent in that mindset/lifestyle.

You also have similar interests that bring others together.

It's like in real life, my friends are people like me. People that are innocent are not. Not bc i dislile them bc of that, but we arent relatively on the same wavelength. Not that its better wavelength, just different ballgame.

I think the same applies on the internet. You can tell which somebody is usually by how thwy talk. More real people tend to talk or deliver their speech alot more "raw" then others

9. Its the site. If you went to grasscity.com (great site), you'll find the community to be vastly different. & that dynamic shifts in my favor. But then again, ive always enjoyed not being a sheep.

So yes cliques exist here. They exist everywhere