1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you guys doing when you feel the need for love?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Krillin1993, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

Used to have that problem in the past and it took me a long time to grow out of it. I see happy couples now and say good for them, hope they last together for a long time. And should the occasional need for a significant other come, i simply do my best to remember being thankful for what i have and that while there's nothing wrong with relationships, in the end are not a matter of life or death or an enormously big deal as some people or society would have you believe, so being single is perfectly fine by me.

Krillin1993 and helpinghand4all like this.
  2. helpinghand4all

helpinghand4all Fapstronaut

I seriously agree with everyone, but I would never say any girl/woman is at fault, it's just that everybody wants to have fun and get the best and during that process some people break. The girl that you want to be with is crying over the boy who broke his heart is crying over the trend of never settling for less than the best, in this tug of war for having the best some people will get hurt, there is always an option to go for the girl less desirable or to just get hurt along the way.

3. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

Pet my cat and play with her. That helps me feel a lot better afterwards

helpinghand4all likes this.
  4. Fenix131218

Fenix131218 New Fapstronaut

Hi! There are two decisions which are the most important of our live. The person that we will be marry to and the choice of receiving Jesus and follow God´s word. The second will shape the way you see life, your habits, your thoughts, and so on… What have worked for me is receiving Jesus and developing a REAL relationship with GOD as my father. Only God can provide unconditional love. Without him there will always be emptiness inside us that we will try to fill with relationships, money, work, travels, you name it…Don´t get me wrong. He wants us to have all those things but in the second place and in the right time. (“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus”. Philippians 4:19) The marriage is in God´s plan (Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.” Genesis 2:18), so I truly believe that there is a specific person for everybody. The right one will be put in your way when you become in the right person for somebody through your walk with God (mentally, physically, spiritually). I encourage you to seek for God, talk to him as you would talk to a person. Read his word (the book of Jhon would be a good choice to begin) and find a church which believes in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I hope you receive this in your heart. It has worked out for me and millions of people all over the world. A real relationship with a God that heals, provides, protect, set us free and have a plan for us. Have a nice day!

5. What are you guys doing when you feel the need for love?

I'm single, never married, 52yo male. Here's my list:

-Make plans for my next site seeing trip / go on a site seeing trip
    -Make plans for my next Meetup.com get together / go to Meetup.com get together
    -Make plans for my next visit with friends or family / go visit friends or family
    -Make plans for my next craft project / do a craft project
    -Make plans to exercise and get sweaty / go exercise and get sweaty
    -Make plans to go take pictures/videos of cruise ships visiting the area / go take pictures/videos of cruise ships visiting the area
    -Make plans for next ocean cruise / go on an ocean cruise

I hope you see a theme here. You have to stop sitting around thinking about what you don't have and get out and enjoy the things that are available to you right now, enjoy life. I used to sit around wishing for things I don't have. Got me no where. There's plenty out there to enjoy if we make the decision to get out and enjoy them.

Is loneliness real? Sure it is. But sitting around and feeling sorry for ourselves isn't going to get us anywhere. Once again, I've tried it, got me no where. Get out of the house and make good things happen.

Best wishes!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  6. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

Cry in a corner then go back to the career

greenishmoon likes this.
  7. I used to be Elliot Roger in that I'd get mad when I saw a couple. Now I say "awwww" to myself, and I actually enjoy seeing people holding hands and stuff. I think it's great that people have found someone special. Even though I'm alone and a virgin, I see no reason to be hateful. I know my time will come after I reboot.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Exactly! Great attitude and one I’ve adopted.

I’ve quit worrying about it, been concentrating on the things in life I enjoy, and wish the best for all in their positive endeavors.

helpinghand4all and FellatiousD like this.
  9. There are lots of practices you can try to improve your social skills, the way you perceive women, the way you perceive relations, and other stuff in your life.

It seems to me that you had not been lucky enough to find 'good' people in your life, since you tell the women you have met had all being mean to you. But perhaps you are trapped in a sort of circle, having had pernicious relations has made you a negative person, which might be the reason why you frighten away people. And because those persons elude you, you feel they have treated you bad. And so you become more negative. And you continue to grow more lonely and the circle continues.

But you can get out of that circle. You should try to see what's going in your life, what common patterns there have been with the people you have met: how they treated you, how you acted towards them, and what sort of things made them reject you, how you felt about that. Perhaps you are just dealing with the same sort of people. But not all people are like that, not all women.

So what practices can you do? Well, one that is very important is to read. You should try to learn about psychology and human nature. There are some theories about attachments, how people behave towards their romantic interests, which will help you clarify your situation, specially your loneliness.
    You can also read literature to develop empathy. That's a second practice, try to be kinder to other people, start with strangers or those that are in need like beggars. It surely will help you improve your self-image.
    Third, do some physical activity, it will improve your mood and will help you appear most attractive to other people.

Here I attach some article you can start reading about. It is related to the science of emotions.

https://www.psychalive.org/anxious-avoidant-attachment/

Have a nice day.

Krillin1993 likes this.
  10. klaris

klaris Fapstronaut

You must first give love ... then it will return to you

11. olsen

olsen Fapstronaut

When I feel sad and want love, I call or meet my ex-girlfriend. We have been together for 5 years and no one understands me better than her. The truth is why we broke up I still do not understand.

klaris likes this.
  12. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

I totally understand what you're going through. True love is hard to find. But here's the question...Are you still going to sit still and wait for love to appear? You can do that and see what happens. You can keep reminiscing about love all the time. I use to do that. But did it help me? Nope. Plain and simple.

So here's my suggestion:
    Someone mentioned that you should "Hold your balls"...to be honest, he's right. Hold your balls and check to see if you have them. If you do then your on the right track; Alright now think about your future. Where do you see yourself in a couple of years? (This isn't a job interview i promise); Alright now start thinking about all the things that's holding you back from those goals; Alright, here's the hard part.. most people usually won't even attempt this. If you have the ENERGY to move your legs and arms, good job. You're qualified.

Now start planning out simple tasks each day. Look for areas you can improve on. Planning to talk to a girl? Start with a simple "Hey how are you?". If she leaves then MOVE ON. Learn what you can do from there. Ok so now you want to approach them more positive. "Hey hows it going?". She says "Hi". Uh oh. What are you going to say next? OK MOVING ON.

I think you're starting to get the picture.

Women are not that superficial. They are like clouds. They will change all the time every day depending on their MOOD. I see men that are fat getting the hot chicks. Because they have a great and positive personality. Some guys who aren't good looking also get into relationships because of jokes and being funny.

But HOW are they in a relationship? Well from my experience, love is random. I say, stop thinking about it and have it come to you naturally. As in work on yourself and socialize with more people. Expand your connections. Then you will have a better chance.

If it's too hard for you... You can always keep reminiscing.

13. Camelon

Camelon Fapstronaut

Love urself man
    Find that inner peace with urself
    Im in the same boots as u
    Praise urself & make its development ur 1st prority.......

Krillin1993 likes this.
  14. klava

klava Fapstronaut

if I'm depressed, I go for a run. It's a good time and an opportunity to think and shake your mind

Krillin1993 likes this.