1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Great article on overthinking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Original link below.

Overthinking things is addictive. It took me a long time to understand this. Some people get it right away. I was not one of those people. In high school, I was very insecure around girls. My friends would tell me I was okay looking and with a great body. But it didn't help.

I reinvented myself in college, but looking back I would consider my 20-year old self to be a loser and weak. I was paranoid about what other people, especially girls, thought of me. When I had sex for the first time, I gained more confidence and learned that a lot of things I was worried about didn't matter. But I still played games in my head. I began to rely less on material things and focus on my physical health. Which led to more confidence and increased mental health. When I picked up martial arts, social situations became easy. I thought, "I can take you down anytime, so you can talk all the shit you want." Not that I got into fights. Far from it. All the training drove away the overthinking and made my body look better. When my confidence increased, socializing and making friends became easier!

The body is a vessel for the mind. So taking care of it is important!

Source:
    https://medium.com/kaizen-habits/ps...w-to-stop-overthinking-everything-e527962a393

Innervision and Deleted Account like this.
  2. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing! That's valuable information indeed, since the body tends to be neglected in privilege of the mind. It's sometimes difficult to balance these relations in harmony. all the best!