1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons to live.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Infrasapiens, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I actually have an idea of a thing I want to draw to help myself psychologically.

Roady, LEPAGE and need4realchg like this.
  2. HelplessPleaseHelp?

HelplessPleaseHelp? Fapstronaut

I think that reason to live is to improve yourself every day. When you improve something you have something to long for. It could be anything, whether improving some skill or way of thinking or relationships with others. I think that we, as human beings are a living being, and as such, we should address ourselves with empathy. We are not supernatural. We are just human beings and we have to accept our limitations. While we are accepting our limitations, we are able to live better. We hopefully able to get out of lousy state and feel better when we are doing efforts to feel that way.
    I hope I could streingthen you brother with my words.

skibum71 likes this.
  3. So plant new seeds then.

LEPAGE likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I don't know what we are talking about anymore but it is not use as there is no water to water plants. Real, non-metaforical plants.

5. I was talking about the metaphorical ones. Just saying, if it seems like everything is lost, there's always a way to turn it around. I've never found that to not be true, especially with God.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am not religious so the best I can do is wait.

7. Well, nobody is stopping you from starting a relationship with God. But I'll leave that there. Don't want to get in trouble or anything. Waiting isn't your only option. Jesus is there, waiting for you.

itz_gioc and Roady like this.
  8. Hermanthegerman

Hermanthegerman New Fapstronaut

The thing that helped me the most with my depression was aggression. I started hating explicit things that i didn't like about my life to the point where i became aggresive when I thought about them and then the aggresion gave me the drive to change them

need4realchg and Roady like this.
  9. We had a guy in our discord group that gave us his farewell letter saying he was tired of fighting and had decided to end himself. Not cool. Words can push people on the edge. Not cool man.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I won't be pushed by some teen emo edgelord.

11. I hope so friend. “I’m gonna be fine”.
    That’s probably what the other guy said while he felt good. But what about when all went quiet and he felt hopeless ?

12. I wouldn't presume to tell you what your reasons should be but here are mine
    • There's always something new to learn! Even if I lived up to being a millennial and actually had a lifespan of a thousand years I don't think I would run out of exciting stuff to study.
    • Nature. Fantastic animals and plants to see and touch, mountains to climb and rivers to descend. A run through the forest or a swim in the lake makes me so filled with joy and happiness I can't help but laugh loudly which probably makes by-goers think I went crazy.
    • My family and friends.
    • A potential girlfriend.
    • Drive to create, build something before I'm gone.
    Life is extremely short and it's all we have. Being melodramatic is pointless; there's no one to cry in the audience. No divine power to stop you from killing yourself if you decide to do so (probably). If you do kill yourself you will be dead, end of story. Boring. The planet will continue to spin as if you never existed. The people who know and like you will be sad but they'll move on eventually.

The bottom line is that nothing really matters. In the long run, we're all dead. But that in my opinion is exactly the reason not to leave early. And to instead stay in this crazy world and wonder at it as long as you can.

Remember that you are the high king in a kingdom of population one: you. You wield more power in that small realm than any actual king ever did and nobody can ever take that away.

There is a lovely poem that is somehow relevant.

need4realchg likes this.
  13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Trigger what exactly?

14. Camelon

Camelon Fapstronaut

Sorry bro
    I tried to help but misunderstood
    U"ll never see me again
    Hope u the best

need4realchg likes this.
  15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

It is okay.
    S2.png

16. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

I won't give you my reasons because it probably won't work. I think you need to discover yourself those reasons. I'll just ask you questions until you figure something out. What is it that you want out of life? Don't think too hard about it, what pops into mind first?

17. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Bro I have been through some dark times and I'm still trying to figure it out today. I'm not going to convince you not to kill yourself, I couldn't care less what you do, I'm probably not even going to give you a reason to live, I'm just going to tell you what I think. Here's my take on things:

The whole 'meaning to life' thing is bullshit. The question 'What is the meaning to life?' doesn't even make sense, it's a stupid question. I probably don't need to explain to you the reality of things, that human life is a big coincidence, we are just collections of atoms on a big rock, yada yada... I think you probably already know this. Yet you are still looking for a reason:

"I am not a hippie poet looking for "The meaning of life or I'll kill myself". I just want a reason to live, a normal, regular reason. What is the point of living if everything is terrible and can only get worse?"

You know how reality is but you don't accept it. You are going to be dead in however many years and no one will bat an eye. The only person who is really looking out for you is you. Maybe your parents are but thats it. And ultimately they don't have much power over how you live your life, they just 'care' about you, which probably means they will give you a roof to live under and food no matter what, but that's not going to make life worth living. What I'm getting at here is no one is going to hand you the life you want.

I can cruise through uni, live off my savings and not go out to much, hang out with the same friends I have had for years doing the same shit every weekend, get a job with my degree to just get by, work through the week, go home and get takeaway and watch youtube videos at night, go out with some 'friends' on the weekend for drinks, maybe meet a chick thats is bearable and pump out a few kids with her, buy an ordinary house and pay it off, retire and play golf for 20 years, watch my grandkids grow a bit then die.

I can acheive that life with no work. I can cruise through doing the bear mininum and live an average life. But fuck that. That is not a life I want. Right now I am at the beginning, I am an 18 year old kid in my first year of uni. I was unhappy with living off savings so I got a job. It wasn't easy, I applied for probably close to 200, and was invited to 10-15 interviews. Finally I have found a super good job, close to my house, work isn't to hard, bosses are sick cunts.
    I was unhappy with my body, so I started going to the gym. I did my research and found a good program and learnt about proper nutrition. My friends gave me shit because they thought the program was gay, but I stuck with it. I dragged myself to the gym 3 or 4 times a week for the past year and a half, and I'm so fucking happy I did. You wouldn't believe how fucking good it feels to have chicks that would be disgusted by me a year ago stare at me, chicks who I thought were way out of my league flirt with me, to have people watching you squat heavy at the gym, to have dudes intimdated by you.
    I was unhappy with how I looked, so I fixed it. I look like a champion now. I used to have gay hair and dress like a slob. Now I go to a proper barber and get a decent haircut every few weeks, I have well trimmed facial hair and I dress in clothes that I think look dope as fuck and accentuate my gains.
    I was unhappy were I lived, so I moved. I found a mate who wanted to move out, we looked at a few houses, applied for a few and got a super good one. Its not the prettiest, but its cheap and close to my uni, it's also incredible having my own place.

I am not trying to brag here. I am using my life as an example. If I want something, I work towards it. I am unhappy with my relationship with women right now. I am working on my confidence and social skills, but I am still not there yet. I still don't have the balls to escalate with a chick, and until I do I will be getting no pussy. There is no one to blame but me. If I want to fuck some chick I have to overcome that fear and take the next step. Until I do my life will not be as good as it could be.

I am just getting started too. In another year I will be even bigger, I am going to start learning spanish and do a trip to south America, I am going to learn to invest and invest some money from my job. I am going to build my confidence and start making new friends. When I graduate I will get a better apartment, make even more money and do some more travel. Hopefully by this point I will be surrounded by people I genuinly enjoy spending time with, and I will have the confidence to talk to any girl I find attractive.

Fuck man I'm not sure where I am going with this. I guess I'm trying to say fuck all that gay philisophical shit. It's simple. You have to make your life worth living. No one else will. Theres nothing deep to it, it's all about how you feel. It is going to be hard, you are going to have to grind in the gym, you will be rejected, you will have to spend late nights studying. But then there will be some fleeting moments of extreme satisfaction that make it all worth it.

I had a quick read through this thread, and your life sounds shit. Fuck the dudes saying a reason to live is to look after your parents, or to have kids, or to live for your passion. Do it for you. Do it because it will feel good. Imagine being so fucking good at your job that you have a bunch of people that look up to you and come to you for advice. Imagine being so attractive that you have the girl of your dreams begging to fuck you. Imagine living in your dream house, cooking yourself a delicious breakfast every morning in your enormous kitchen with beach views or some shit. Imagine being able to look at your bank account and realise you will never have to worry about money ever again. Imagine people being intimidated by you because of how succesful you are.

I don't know about you bro, but that sounds like a life worth living to me. And fuck, don't give me some bullshit like you don't think thats possible, or you were born with shit genetics. If you are thinking like that then you may as well get it over with now rather than wasting the rest of your years living some fucking boring life.

need4realchg and itz_gioc like this.
  18. itz_gioc

itz_gioc Fapstronaut

Long story short...

Do what makes you happy. Improve yourself. AND LASTLY

DO NOT GIVE UP

19. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

What are you doing to improve your life?

20. Oussama94

Oussama94 Fapstronaut

Sometimes I have such thoughts, but I immediately remember my parents and my friends, and how sad they will be, sometimes i think i may be the reason why they have unhappy life or even ending my life will be the cause of their death.
    Also I learned to not expect to be happy and successful all the time, you will have nice and happy times but they are worth because they came after hard and sad time, just being alive and experiencing new thing are good reasons for me to live. And maybe one day i will provide the conditions and tools i wish i had as child for my son, so i can see better version of me :)