1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I've finally got a full-time job! :D

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Freaking finally!:emoji_grinning:

Millennials and gen z's thought a college degree would have help for a full-time entry-level job? The hell out of here with that BS! College degree don't mean anything, except for a professional career, and this is why I didn't attend college.

Anyway, I gonna enjoy my full-time job where I work for two and a half years and it's a home improvement store. Peace!:emoji_v:

2. Oussama94

Oussama94 Fapstronaut

Wish you good luck and a lot of money :)

Hold it in likes this.
  3. Awesome man. Yep, I never went to college and worked my way up the ladder too. So happy I did, make decent money now and am happy

4. Thanks! I'm making 13 dollars an hour and it's decent pay. People like me there and I'm glad I'm part of the team. :)

You're lots like me. ;) Screw college, anyways.

Hold it in and Oussama94 like this.
  5. Congrats man, I want a job too! But I'm not looking for right now, I'm still dealing with a few things. I agree with you about the college bit, but I have plans to course something, since they're free in my country.

Taylor25 likes this.
  6. Isn't it funny that millennials act like a college degree would have saved your life for the better? Apparently, it does not and only idiots can think that. That's being said, college is a waste of time and money, especially in the USA.

7. SickJonas

SickJonas Fapstronaut

I never went to college(despite joining the military just to pay for it) and I'm enjoying my full-time job. I definitely had to Swift through some really awful jobs but I finally found one that suits me and I've been enjoying it for over 2 years now. Good luck man!

LEPAGE and Taylor25 like this.
  8. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

Good job man! I hope you enjoy the job. Thing is with millennials, they can't comprehend that you need a college degree in something useful and not on gender studies or art history. That is what they do. Get a useless degree about art history or psychology and then expects to make $80,000 right out of college. I was raised saying to take a useful education and not waste time and money doing stupid shit there. I'm a generation Z and I noticed there is a lot less of us than the millennials who are getting much older and still studying useless stuff because of being raised wrong. Considering most gen Zs parents are gen Xs, they probably don't want their children to end up like the millennials.

Taylor25 likes this.
  9. Isn't it funny that millennials act like a college degree is like job hunting? Fk'ing ridiculous.

10. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

Usually when you finish college and have a degree you can find a decent job, "better" than if you had not finished college. But college degree is not everything in the world. You still have to climb up the ladder. You won't be making 6 digits a year straight out of college, that's just fantasy. Get a degree because you want to do it not because someone planted that idea in your head

In my country (Greece) you are expected to finish up high school and then go to University (public owned and you don't pay for tuition or books), expected to finish up in 5 years, get a good job (9-5 for most people) and so on. So you understand if you don't finish Uni or don't even go it's a major shock to people.

The point is that you want to work to live not live to work. College degree or not

11. Hey bro, good luck in your job! Make some good $$ but don't spend it all. :p

I attended college for 4 year full time, and never had a job. After i dropped out, i got a job in a restaurant that make me feel capable after a long time of procrastination. Sometimes we have to lose to win!

12. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I had to attend university for my current job, but it was in STEM and not some useless subject.

13. If I'm not misleading, are you currently working for STEM or something?

14. All the best in your new job :)!

Taylor25 likes this.
  15. deniscesel

deniscesel New Fapstronaut

Congratulations dude

16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, I’m part of a data analysis development team, we’re developing a dashboard in python right now.

Taylor25 and LEPAGE like this.