1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you hope to leave your mark on the world?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Tiresias, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Tiresias

Tiresias Fapstronaut

I was struck today about a news report of a person who had once featured on a tv show 10 years ago who got into some trouble with the law...and despite the fact she only lived a handful of days out of her 40 year+ life to date wrapped up in the show, that's how the headline lead...

Got me to thinking, if a news report came out about me -- how would the headline read?

"Father of 2 ..."
    "Guy who works in an office..."
    "Committed Fapstronaut..."

All good, but not particularly great...

What's your headline? Does it align with what you want?

2. I want to be remembered as kind and generous.

3. I want to be remembered as somebody that understood another's plight and loved them anyways, despite my reservations

4. I want to be remembered as someone who's words and actions pointed to Christ. It would be fine if no one remembers me at all as long as I lift up the name of Jesus, and show others the same type of love that he has shown me.

Deleted Account and Espi1971 like this.
  5. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I want to be known as a man who mastered himself. And then as a man who raised his children to where they might be closer to doing the same. A strong family of people who are dedicated to the betterment of themselves so that they might be more useful to the world. Perhaps I will do something that changes the world. Perhaps I will not. But if I could only at least set the stage for someone else to be able to do it, I will have done my duty to myself and my community.