1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cracking joints during workout?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by christian17, Nov 26, 2019.

1. christian17

christian17 Fapstronaut

When I do a push up f.e. my joints crack when I go down too far. I have read in the Internet that it appears because of lack of exercising. But I have been working out for three months now and I am doing sports very much in general. Should I go to a doctor?

2. christian17

christian17 Fapstronaut

Ps. I don’t feel any pain during it

3. This should be taken as poor medical advice from someone who isn't a medical professional: If you don't feel pain or experience any loss of function, it's probably nothing to worry about. I believe there is research indicating that cracking joints is quite harmless.

Brooklyn Jerry 70 likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

My knees crack everytime I crouch or flex them. It doesn't hurt either, maybe it is the same.

5. pezzer

pezzer Fapstronaut

it might be good to just do quick stretches before your workout, thats what i do and it really seems to help prevent any joint cracking/ muscle pain after workout

gordie likes this.
  6. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Yeah to the guy who said stretching: you should be stretching while you lift regardless if it’s cracking or not.

new genie likes this.