1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaw Pain

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by User019365, Nov 19, 2019.

1. User019365

User019365 Fapstronaut

It’s in the right side of my jaw and goes up to eye level. Particularly bad when I open my mouth. I have a overbite so not sure if that’s the cause. Anyone else had this? Very uncomfortable.

2. I had it once, i forgot the technical term (although i did find one at the time), but it went away on its own after a while. Good luck

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

You may have TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder).If you have TMJ,that means joint around your ear have moved,tmj can cause pain,jaw clicking or making sound when open or close mouth.

4. UK Lad

UK Lad Fapstronaut

It could be withdrawal.. the left side of my brain burned and jaw and gums and teeth proper hurt for weeks at a time! It went away after 6-8 months!

6. Innit known as TMJ? (Temporomandibular joint Syndrome) I have it quite often, especially when I'm stressed so I end up clenching and tensing my jaw.

7. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Do you have problem to fully open mouth or hear clicking in jaw when open or close mouth?

8. When opening your mouth does it kind of sound like it's grinding in the upper jaw? You can also push on your temple which usually produces pain depending on how bad it is.

9. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Yes like grinding upper jaw,but i don't feel pain,just clicking jaw and trouble when opening.

10. Well, usually it's accompanied with pain so it's hard to say. Have you been evaluated by a doctor yet?

11. My jaw started clicking too a few months ago, and still is. A friend of mine said that this is related with anxiety, stress, insomnia, etc... As someone who used to sleep 3-4 hours a day, it might really be my problem, so I will check this later with a doctor.

12. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Tmj is weird thing,cause of it can be trauma,stress,jaw injury from past,less sleep and few more.I have seen doctors two times,first time he didn't know what is this(xD),and next time there was another doctor,she give me exercises.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. User019365

User019365 Fapstronaut

When I open my mouth to wide my jaw locks pain brings me to my knees

14. User019365

User019365 Fapstronaut

It’s really sore today and I’ve been working nights so haven’t had a chance to go to the doctors, anyone who’s had it what do the doctors do/suggest

15. UK Lad

UK Lad Fapstronaut

its a symptom of PMO withdrawal!!!! please listen to me. Do not watch PMO. it causes an organ in the brain to become red hot, it I think is to do with dopamine response and overload, too much will crash ur reward system.

When u get pmo out of ur life, tv and internet and phone filters installed, don't even look at ur own penis when its hard, or even roll in bed or even fantasise, u have to return to how u was innocent as a child. looking at ur own penis can cause issues for u.

16. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Thanks for advice man,i have tmj since is was 15 years old,i will turn 19 for two weeks.I leave pmo in september 13th 2018 and my tmj didn't get better all by himself,i hope i will heal it soon,it causes me problems,have a nice day.