1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Anime and Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Aug 10, 2019.

1. SickJonas

SickJonas Fapstronaut

And I kind of fudged that reply by messing up the quoting mechanic. My bad

2. I didn't watched a lot of seasonal stuff this year, but from what I saw, at least, Ahiru no Sora is probably going to be the best of them. I'm waiting Vinland Saga to finish so I can binge the whole thing.

jk243 likes this.
  3. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

It is a shame that I knew about Death note for years but just learned about monster one week ago. Now I’m already on episode 50 and the anime is one of the best I ever watched. Better thriller than Death note and better than 98% of mainstream tv shows.

4. I dropped this 3 episodes in. Felt very generic besides the op.
    That's a good choice.

jk243 likes this.
  5. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Attack on titan is dope

6. Sometimes we need a good cliche xD. It's going to have 50 episodes, so the pacing is really slow, but I'm sure that's going to be great!

jk243 likes this.
  7. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I recommend y’all to read the manga Vagabond. It is dope.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

^ @jk243
    It's definitely a quality story and writing, but I did get bored of it eventually. I guess I'm more into the fantasy stories such as Berzerk, Claymore, Drifters, etc.

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Definitely the dialogue are long, but I find it interesting, since it is more about Wisdom and the main Character from a disorder maker to a more calm swordman. I also love Berserk , but sometimes It is hard to handle that much violence, also as a Christian I’m bit triggered with all the magic symbolism. But overall it is good, but as for you with Vagabond, I find Berserk boring sometimes lol.

10. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Hello @jk243, I think most of the anime lovers or at least the japanese cmmunity would say SAO (Sword Art Online),but I dont really like this Anime. I dont know why. I would recommand you watching MOB PSYCHO, this Anime is insane,....at least for me. It is funny and the story is okay. I can say that this Anime is my favourite anime right now of course besides Death Note and Bleach. Recently I am watching Tokyo Ghoul and now I am watching Tokyo Ghoul re, which is not that great but it is also not that bad, so mediocre for me.
    I liked the first 2 seasons, because I liked the art. The 3rd season RE is too much into plastic CGI, the drawings/paintings are too unrealistic and the dialogues are sometimes too embarrasing to hear, which means I dont like it but it is still good somehow. This year I've also watched all Attack on Titan seasons and also One Punch Man. And now I am watching the new episodes of My hero academia (boku no hero akademia). Men I have still so much to binge watching. For example I didn't watch Dragon Ball Super "The Broly Movie", and maybe I will also continue to watch Detective Conan. In the earlier days with 12 years I read alot of Dragonball and Dragonball Z and also alot of Detective Conan. Now I am not into reading mangas anymore. But maybe someday. I probably forgot tons of anime. And I dont know if I should start to watch Goblin Slayer, Fullmetal Alchemist or Evangelion. Have you watched one of these? There are also 2 anime movies which are great 1. Your name (watched it) and 2. A Silent Voice (didnt watched it). I like animes sometimes, which have deeper meanings to viewers also liked the movie Grave of the fireflies, I've watched this movie 3-4 times and I literally cried multiple times and knew then as I were a child how bad war actually is. What animes do you watch these days and which of them can you call your favourites? I am so happy that someone oppened an anime/manga thread. I think I will watch Animes till I die. :) Folks Have a nice day :)

jk243 likes this.
  11. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Hey dude , you welcome here. Ah ah, boy I hate SAO before even watching it (Lol!), it just seems to childish to me. I love anime which are mature and you can relate. An anime like Naruto makes you think about war and peace, berserk about existentialism, Death note about Justice, and Jojo about... NVM (lol!) but you get what I mean. SAO never interest me really ... I will definitely check Mob psycho even tho I don’t love one punch man (same anime style) You definitely have fullmetal brotherhood, I never watched it, but it is basically considered the best anime of all time by many people. I recommend you watching Monster, it is like death note , but more mature and it is better than most popular tv shows. Hajime no ippo is also good.

12. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

My favorite ongoing anime now and of the year was definitely Vinland Saga. I don’t have one favorite anime for now, I just restarted watching anime this year in June, so I have a lot to catch up( boku no pico, fullmetal brotherhood, hunter x hunter, cowboy bebop). My favorites of the year , well:
    Monster
    Naruto
    Hajime no ippo.

13. Fullmetal is nice, you can jump straight into the Brotherhood version, or watch the classic season first. Both have different endings, but Brotherhood has the original, manga ending. Goblin Slayer is kinda bad, too bland (the manga has nice panels though, I liked). Evangelion is a classic, you might like it or not, but it will definitely make you think about things.

Try to read the Tokyo Ghoul manga instead, the anime adaptation was terrible, it's not worth watch it at all.

jk243 likes this.
  14. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Can’t wait for attack on Titan S4, Watching my hero academia now.

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  15. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I’m ready for the new Eren

16. I heard some fans dislike Eren's new personality that we will be seeing in season 4. Do you know why?

17. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

You better just wait for the new season, but he will amaze you completely. I didn’t read the manga but from what I heard his behavior will completely change ...

18. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I just finish to read Vagabond . Man, I hope the author will continue it one day. It was a good ride and the first ever manga I read. Recommend it for everybody.

19. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

20. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Vinland Saga, anime of the year.