1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The subreddit is cancer...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deadmemories, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Deadmemories

Deadmemories Fapstronaut

I keep getting banned because the sub is filled with kids who relapse and cry about it, then when I say something bold it gets reported and I get banned. Jesus man, if you are dedicated to anything you will make it. Is there a more serious nofap group out there? I want to just discuss the journey not have to see a bunch of depressed people over their relapses. Its honestly discouraging for my own battle.

2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

if you are on someone else’s journal or thread it’s not about how you feel and what helps you. You are there to offer support and an occasional soft suggestion.

I’m not a fan of the reddit group and most subforums here. I frequent threads without triggers for me and forums where I can try to remain positive.

Good luck. The forums can be a powerful tool for your growth and helping others; but it can take some time to figure it out.

3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I have understood that NoFap is first and foremost a place for addicts to recover. Addiction by definition means that it's not something you can just easily stop by dedication alone without any setbacks. I'm not saying there aren't people who just don't take it that seriously or who refuse to go outside their comfort zones, but since there are addicts here, you shouldn't assume that's the case.

Wether there's a "more serios group" as you inconsiderately put it, I don't know. Usually one of the biggest reasons why people get in to NoFap or it's alternatives is because they notice that it's actually pretty fucking difficult. I'd assume that people who just keep going with ease usually don't bother with it at all.

4. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

You have to be careful on Reddit. It's a site littered with kids. Any thought that doesn't fit the mainstream thinking crowd of that particular subreddit will get downvoted, and yes even reported.

But then again, a site that rates comments so you can even go minus is kinda sad, and childish. That's why I stick to forums, where it isn't a contest to get the most likes/upvotes.

One shouldn't have to worry about getting 'downvoted' and burried when voicing his honest opinion, excluding racist etc. comments.

5. Just use this website. The sub is not for serious discussion.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. StonePlacidity

StonePlacidity Fapstronaut

Kids and teenagers these days are the most stupid creatures I've ever seen

johnmarston2001 and ItsInTheBag like this.