1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Sunday check in. Bad few days, Blah!

GottaBFree likes this.
  2. SarahStrong

SarahStrong Fapstronaut

My Lord is my strength, even in my weakness, and my salvation.

artifact, Wolf2019 and discovery like this.
  3. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in with 5 days to be proud of.

4. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

5. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

I am honored my man! Looking forward to hearing your report from Afghanistan!

GottaBFree likes this.
  6. Hi alpha.buddy, you are actually next in line on the waiting list. Group turnover is pretty slow these days but we could possibly have an opening for you in the ranking in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know. You will need to turn on your counter before then, of course.

NICEDUDE and discovery like this.
  7. alpha.buddy

alpha.buddy Fapstronaut

Roger, will do Thanks bud

GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  8. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I really like the imagery of the cage and the key. A number of theologians in the past proposed that the doors of hell are locked from the inside.

The road of recovery is brutal but anyone can walk it!

Wolf2019 and discovery like this.
  9. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Check in. A very short but vivid dream really threw me off two nights ago. I’m hanging on though. It’s funny how several seconds can completely change the way you think for days!

artifact, 2pres90, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  10. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Nothing like shoveling 12” of snow to kill any urges. God I hate snow but it kept my mind clear. Thanks Mother Nature!!

artifact, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  11. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

@discovery, great ideas on travel and art meditation. I like the idea of developing your interests to create something worthwhile to immerse yourself into instead of PM.

I have been working on my interests in mycology. I also try to go mushroom picking as much as possible.

artifact, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  12. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

8 days strong! One of my favorites quotes:

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”

P itself has no power. I give P power by believing the thought that “it’s not so bad” or “you been doing so good, so you can take a peak now.” If I allow myself to believe that, I allow P take power over me. In this moment, I revoke all P power over me.

13. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Couldnt sleep last night, so turned to youknowwhat....

14. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks Timber! It is a great thing when you can cross PM off your list of interests, and transfer its share of time and energy to your other ones. Mycology, that is interesting. I actually didn't know what that was and just looked it up. Thanks for helping me learn something new today. How exactly do you manifest your interest in it apart from mushroom picking? Is it related to your profession?

15. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Hit 17 days. It was actually fairly easy after weeks of a tough time. I have the feeling it might not be so easy for the next couple of weeks but it’s important.

16. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Hi there, just checking in.

God bless you all guys!

artifact, NICEDUDE and discovery like this.
  17. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Day 206. Starting a day with a lot of activity. Yesterday, a very stressful day, exposed to "negative energies" of people a little out of control by anger and tiredness.
    The strange thing - and well - is that I am stable and without feeling much need to resort to PM as an escape! I do not declare myself healthy or trust myself, I only observe with joy this period of calm ...
    I wish you a day of strength and self-control!
    God bless you friends

18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Very interesting and quite true!
    Thanks for sharing

19. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Believe it or not, the name of my elementary school where I went as a kid is called P.S. 206 (P.S.= Public School). 206 is a lucky number for me! Congratulations on your Day 206. May you have 206 more (and even more than that) :emoji_tada:

persona2903 likes this.
  20. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Hey thanks for asking. I should probably call my obsession mycophilia, not mycology. I don’t own a microscope. I don’t read scientific journals.

Ultimately, it’s all about becoming a better mushroom forager. I study the structure of mushrooms from guide books and other resources, I learn about their relationship with trees (some mushrooms only grow where certain trees grow, some mushrooms decompose certain trees, etc), storage, cooking, etc. It really takes years to learn it all. I have been in it for a year. I can comfortably identify and find about 50 species and there’s still a lot to learn!

I’m thinking of cultivating edible shrooms as well... wish me luck

artifact, persona2903 and discovery like this.