1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

When to Start a New Paragraph

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by onceaking, Dec 1, 2019.

1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Maybe I'm being a bit of a grammar Nazi but it's hard to read when paragraphs aren't used. Maybe some members don't care since it's only a forum, but not using paragraphs might put people off from posting on your thread, and why would want to put people off? Most here seem to know about this but some members don't, and that's ok since we can't know everything. Nothing wrong with not knowing but there's something wrong when someone is willfully ignorant.

2. Actually, I'll have to agree. Some users here with a journal don't put paragraphs in their posts and often times, said posts will be really big. I still read them, but sometimes I need to read the same thing more than once since it's easy to get lost in a sea of words. For me, at least. :p

letter and onceaking like this.
  3. By the power of grayskull! I’m sorry but I honestly can’t\won’t follow along when it’s just a wall of text, there absolutely needs to be a separation especially when you’re on different subjects... I can give or take on spelling as pretty much everybody (including myself) makes those mistakes, but not when paragraphs are at a 0.

So... wall of text? I give you, uh, this.
    [​IMG]

WesternWolf, letter and onceaking like this.
  4. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Don't forget the other enemy of readers on the other side of the wall of text!!

The dreaded paragraph-for-every-sentence.

Really, why do people type like this?

Do they think I cannot read two sentences back to back?

It completely destroys the flow of the reading.

Paragraphs are good.

Use them.

Use them well.

Paragraphs are your friend.

I'm sorry if this post gave you ADHD.

Let's go ride bikes.

WesternWolf likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

People who write like that have probably read too many Rob Bell books... Still it's not as bad as no paragraphs.

WesternWolf and Deleted Account like this.
  6. I wish I could like this post more than once, I feel the same way! Maybe it's the possibility that I also have a short attention span but I find myself easily distracted with long drawn out text.

onceaking likes this.
  7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Ok, I've found a possible reason why people aren't using paragraphs - they think they're being alpha male. Apparently to be alpha male you shouldn't care about grammar and just write how you feel like. Oh my gosh! The alpha male thread in the self improvement section is hilarious! I sarcastically said only betas have an education and people seemed to think I made a good point. :emoji_joy::emoji_joy::emoji_joy: