1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mlaj

Mlaj Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yesterday I relapsed. I was under a lot of pressure at work. The good thing is I did it detached, without the excitement I used to have. Sex chatting is losing its grip on me, that's great. I'll beat it.

2. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Hey man, you did well! Now make that the habitual reaction to triggers like that.

One thing I was thinking though, maybe it's not such a good idea to explicitly talk about the scene that triggered you, because that scene might have some triggering memories for other people attached to it. It doesn't for me, but I do know there are some other scenes and things that are so ingrained upon my memory, that just someone evoking them in any way could already lead me to wanting to revisit them, and in the past that would then lead to relapses for me. And we're all trying to get away from that, right?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I think detachment is not the way to go. PM'ing without really getting any pleasure from it, just doing it habitually to escape stress, that's really the core of the problem. If you'd do it occasionally because you enjoy it and wanna do it, that's fine, it wouldn't be a problem. You have to think everytime: is this what I want to do, or would I rather face the source of my stress in a productive way?

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad, though, we've all messed up, you just start over, learn from the mistake and get it right the next time. Just be careful with the detachment, I would say.

4. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

1 month! I feel I'm returning to a healthy relationship to sex and women again, and I'm less and less wanting to use PM as a way to deal with stress.

Now I have to stay aware and not lose discipline. I've reached this milestone a few times already in the last two years, and usually it would make me feel that the work is done, I'm cured, so it's alright if I just take a peek... And I did take a peek a week and a half ago. But now I know that that kind of peeking and slacking brings me extremely close to relapsing, so this time will be a different. I'm gonna stay improving myself and gonna continue to keep P out of my life and root it out even further.

5. franco-desiboy

franco-desiboy Fapstronaut

6. franco-desiboy

u r right brother

thetourist and PowerfulSRE like this.
  7. franco-desiboy

Can smone tell me how does this accountability partner thing works. where do i start. Can I have one here. Need smone really committed for 90 days.

thetourist likes this.
  8. franco-desiboy

I think When i was posting everyday here I was doing fine. Being surrounded by you guys in the same boat makes things easy and i keep myself accountable, and I keep a check on myself.....and feel I wont let u all down. I am making a resolve of 5 things for next 3 months-
    1. I will post my Nofap, No PMO progress everyday here for next 90 days. (If I violate the code, u r free to point it out).
    2. I will do some form of Physical exercise every single day(even if for 5-10 minutes)
    3. I will meditate every single day and not miss my sittings
    4. I will read a book minimum of 20 minutes everyday.
    5. I will sleep by/before 11pm every single day
    For next 90 days i will update on all these 5 pointers every single day before sleep. Alongwith nofap, i want to cultivate some good habits too as everyone should and would be.

koslov, thetourist and Merry Terry like this.
  9. franco-desiboy

Learn from it brother and mk a firm committment and dont do again.

thetourist likes this.
  10. franco-desiboy

When we relapse, do we lose all the progress?. Please clarify with authentic info.

thetourist likes this.
  11. franco-desiboy

Dont be so negative Biizoo. One day at a time. Dont worry about 10/20/90 days, one day at a time. U will get over this bad habit. Just invest ur time on sm other quality things and new habits.

Merry Terry and thetourist like this.
  12. franco-desiboy

wow

13. franco-desiboy

Great progress

thetourist, PowerfulSRE and Barnabas_ like this.
  14. franco-desiboy

Good work Homo Deus. by the way I almost finished reading half of homo deus till yesterday. Great book.

thetourist and Babansardar like this.
  15. franco-desiboy

I think we all should help each other more. Make this thread more lively. If smone says "I am feeling urges" or "strong urges", very likely they will relapse. If some fellow brother/sister give some motivation/words of encouragement to that person, it helps a lot. Otherwise people lose momentum. Atleast encourage other fellow mates who encourage u. Just a humble request.

16. franco-desiboy

U cannot be more spot on. thanks for sharing.

thetourist and PowerfulSRE like this.
  17. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Thanks brother. I spent many years of my life on this, many hours each day. So this is a new life, not only without P & M but also without this habbit. I am so thankful for this forum. Reading it and writing with people here helped so much.

18. Flimsyfryingpan

Flimsyfryingpan Fapstronaut

19. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thank you. It really is a good book. Have you read 'Sapiens' by the same author? It's even better.

franco-desiboy and thetourist like this.