1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Memory loss and fatigue. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Beekay148, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Hi guys, i've been through a couple of streaks and felt great during that period, however, i also have a couple of relapses.

I'm currently on a streak again and recently, i noticed that i'm becoming more forgetful, and also get easily tired and fatigued all of the time.

I'm wonder what's wrong with me, and if there is any form of exercise or habits i can adapt to be more energetic with a good mind. I do 2.4 km running every now and then but it doesn't seem to help

2. Alfonsus

Alfonsus Fapstronaut

Are you eating a healthy diet?
    Maybe you are deficient in some vitamins or minerals. I would recommend to do a bloodtest at your local lab to check if you have low testosterone.

3. Try adding omega 3 (flaxseed oil, fish, chia seeds, fish oil supplement) into your diet if you don’t already, eat more protein.
    Try remember a list of things everyday. Even music lyrics to a song can work. Start of with the first line and remember 3 - 4 words if you can go more or even if you can’t go less and do it every day. All this has helped myself back when I was struggling with memory. Also try adding in some HIIT training if you can

Beekay148 and Purekingsoul like this.
  4. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Every now and then doesn't sound regular..

I was trying to find this study on HIIT or just inteval training and BDNF, 12 weeks was the duration but I can't find how often they did the workout or what the intervals were, I did find the full text to it at one point.. You're probably looking at no more than 1/2 hr 5x/wk which would be 2.5 hr a week, not that much time investment although you'll work harder during that time.

Nine and Beekay148 like this.
  5. chonky

chonky Fapstronaut

Eat clean meals like a bowl of greens, lean meats and drink plenty of water. So many people don't know how much impact the food your eating has on your body and especially your mind. Eat clean and you'll feel great, more energy, focus ,motivation,confidence etc. Meditation and yoga works aswell idk if you already do these things but you health is your wealth bruv.

nestorvon and Beekay148 like this.
  6. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice everybody. As for diet, I normally eat fast food like McDonald’s so I Guess that can be one of the cause. I’ll try HIIT and meditation though. And more vitamins and play more memory games

nestorvon likes this.
  7. Reduce social media, internet and computer time.
    Very simple, you will see...

8. Sinbad

Sinbad Fapstronaut

I do all of the things people are advising you to, good health is key. But I still recognize your symptoms in my days.
    I think it can be a drop in hormones. First there was a big surge. So why wouldn't a drop follow?
    Also, trying to change behavior is asking a lot of mental energy. Thinking, planning, putting in effort, getting uncomfortable. It can explain fatigue.
    It hasn't been said and it's my working point atm. So I'd advice you to rest. Sleep on time. And don't worry.

9. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

This actually hits me hard. Technically with my current job as an IT Engineer im required to spend long hours on the computer googling and researching stuff. But i get what you mean. During my free time.

10. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

Understood. Perhaps what you meant is flatline. Im 28, i dont want to believe that its due to aging though.

11. I know exactly what you mean. I am on the computer all the time, partly because of my work. And the problem is that there is not distinct separation between work and zoning out. I mean, you can go on youtube for education, but the funny cat videos are just next to it and it is so easy to loose yourself in. Same thing for the phone. I thought about going back to a feature phone so I loose less time, but there are also professional contacts that use Whatsapp, Telegram and so on. But there is a lot to win. Switch of your Data and WiFi connection and don't use the internet, for one Saturday. You will be amazed how long a day actually is!

12. Beekay148

Beekay148 Fapstronaut

I’ll definitely limit it during my free time apart from researching for work purposes. My mom told me I play too much games and that could be the cause as well. And it’s pretty much impossible for me to be distant from Technology considering my job involves troubleshooting different technologies :(

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  13. johnpost

johnpost Fapstronaut

There are two type of memory loss one is occasional forgetfulness and the other loss of short-term memory. It should be treated on time otherwise it can lead to brain disease.

By making some changes in daily life you can overcome on this disease.

· Get Enough Sleep Every Night

· Poor Diet

· Eating healthy foods

· Nutritional supplements

· Make your busy in

· Do not ever smoke

· Do not consume alcohol

14. nestorvon

nestorvon New Fapstronaut

this and the rest you planned to try...how did it go?

15. Go to a doctor.

16. This is working for me I am only eating two meals a day 11 and 4 pm spending 30 min each meal chewing 34 times per mouth full . My energy has increased allot so much so I might have to cut out coffee in the morning because I am becoming to energetic . You are allot younger than me so I would do 3 meals a day so eat a small breakfast in the early morning don't forget to chew 34 times .

17. Also dont over drink water just listen to your body drink just little more than your natural thirst . Only eat in the morning and at 11 and 4 none after that I personally am not hungry much at all after practicing this .

18. You may have hit a platueau with your running and may have to switch it up to another form of working out. Your body may be bored, keep branching out your fitness :) the more types of fitness techniques you implement the more you learn about your body

19. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Sleep 8 hours everynight, eat enough calories that come from good sources(ie not maccas), go to the gym and do heavy compound lifts, do something that requires you to think each day for several hours.

If you do these consistently for a month and still have problems with fatigue I would get checked for low t. Probably not a bad idea to get checked anyway.

20. MrT3650

MrT3650 Fapstronaut

I've/Am experiencing both of these and it seems to me that it's brain fog/dopamine related. Are you mentally fatigued or just tired overall? Dopamine does have it's influence on energy levels and how energetic you feel. I think you should try to read and have something to challenge your brain to stimulate your memory and focus. It's also probably just apart of the process of recovery.