1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Instagram and the NoFap challenge (dubio)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Submariner, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I want to seek out for advice in this topic. I'm in a dubio whether to use actively, stay away from or maybe apply some middle ground solution with Instagram. I have now deactivated my account for two weeks.

Shortly said I feel like I'm just missing things. I also regularly get questioned about my absence on the app. I like Instagram but I'm affraid that it doesn't do my recovery any good since some pictures on there can definitely turn me on (especially when the 'chaser effect' comes around).

What should weight heavier? Do everything to avoid temptation or maintaining my social life as best as I can and having fun on the app (I like the concept of Instagram, I'm not just there for other's). Any tips on how I can may continue to use Instagram without being 'triggerd'?

2. I have no experience with Instagram or social media. If you feel like you might be missing out, then do a cost-benefit analysis and decide for yourself. I have never regretted not having social media a day in my life. But then again, I don't really have friends in real life either, so it's hard for me to speak on this issue.

Submariner likes this.
  3. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply. I like the way your thinking. A cost-benefit analysis will help to rationalize the doubt. Since I’m really busy this week I will not yet make a decision but will keep you (and everyone who’s interested) updated.

I’m sorry to hear that you don’t have friendships. Please feel free to PM whenever you like.

4. Don't worry, I'm working on it. In fact, I just recently made plans to go out with some guys who I used to work out with this winter break. Also, when I say I don't have IRL friends, I mean that I don't actively hang out with anyone, but there are lots of people who I see and talk to regularly, people from my classes that I collaborate with, etc.

Submariner likes this.
  5. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Deleted it all, never missed a thing. Just whats App your friends ^

Submariner likes this.
  6. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply. Where I live, people rarely exchange numbers anymore. It's all about social media and that makes this a dilemma.

7. Better dont use instagram.There are so many hot clips on insta.So its really hard doing nofap if u use insta.I myself deleted my insta account.One of best decision:D