1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Perseverance

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Kevoya

Kevoya Fapstronaut

I have been struggling for about 3 years with masturbation. I finally feel like I have some common ground within myself to go on successfully in my life. Never once have I last hope. Time never stops, we always get another chance.

I consider myself a Spiritual seeker otherwise known as a Yogi. I disliked to pursue devotion right after sinning thinking myself unworthy. I would wait one day to then resume that sort of devotion. I tried different things and I have decided that it would be great that I pray one Chaplet of Divine Mercy and one Angelic Psalter at 3:00 p.m. everyday in rememberence to the Mercy of God, when Jesus Christ was crucified.

This way I am not neglecting my Catholic duty and trusting in the Mercy of God.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dopamine3 and Nuhope like this.
  2. Jeff Boyder

Jeff Boyder Fapstronaut

Be careful, remember that the term Yogi does not refer to one of Catholic faith, alright? As for everything else, I would say to try to incorporate the rosary into this as well. For me, I pray the chaplet one day and the rosary the next. That is if I can't pray them both that day. God bless you man, stay strong, and I hope that somewhat helps

Andre123s, Nuhope and Kevoya like this.
  3. Kevoya

Kevoya Fapstronaut

All religions support yoga, union with God. A primary way of yoga is bhakti, of devotion. This yoga is highly recommended for our time.

Brahmacharya_UK likes this.
  4. Jeff Boyder

Jeff Boyder Fapstronaut

Have you checked with your local Priest? I think it's ok until a certain point in which it is no longer Christian

requiem4thyme and Andre123s like this.
  5. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Not true. Yoga is NOT Catholic. The first paragraph of Wikipedia makes this clear:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga

Jeff Boyder likes this.
  6. dlansky

dlansky Fapstronaut

From what I understand, the Church's position on yoga (no pun intended) is that many of the spiritual practices within yoga are incompatible with Christianity. Engaging in the postures of yoga as a form of exercise and refraining from those spiritual practices may be acceptable, if one is able to separate the two. Since you seem to be pursuing yoga as a way to find communion with God, I would strongly caution you against it. (I can post some links to documents and articles on the subject if you like.) We have the ultimate path to communion with God within the Church, through its teaching and traditions, with the Eucharist as the source and summit. You could spend your life exploring Catholic traditions of prayer and meditation. Why look elsewhere when God is here?

I have taken yoga classes through my gym that were supposed to be exercise-only, but I don't take them anymore because too many of the instructors were prone to bringing in the spiritual elements.

Andre123s, Jeff Boyder and LavaMe like this.
  7. Jeff Boyder

Jeff Boyder Fapstronaut

That's a great explanation, thanks.