1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Thanks brother - its fun to do this :D

persona2903 likes this.
  2. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join the group

persona2903 likes this.
  3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I slipped today. I had unsatisfying sex with my wife last night. Today felt blah and lethargic. Ate fast food. Was relaxing watching tv and triggered by a scene. Was off to the races with no second thought. I was angry at my wife while I was doing it for being overweight and not making the efforts often enough to be sexy. Selfish I know.

Espi1971 and persona2903 like this.
  4. Hey man - we all have been there, it takes courage to come and admit this and i honor you for that. You are still in the game, the question is how long do we stay stuck or do we move forward with a new lesson.

Every lesson we learn is positive through the experiences we go through may feel negative. Watching you rock this bro

Quote by "Dan Millman" from the book Living On Purpose

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    persona2903 likes this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @byker, I add you to the waiting list. It is possible that in a few days they make a couple of vacancies.
    Have a good day!

6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

I regret it, but it's the things that happen in a fight: advances and setbacks.
    In my personal experience, I am learning a couple of important things about my sexual relationship with my wife (unsorted):
    1. I must not have excessive expectations, we must appreciate what the situation offers
    2. Avoid comparing the spouse's relationship and body with other relationships / bodies that we have seen in P
    3. If we fail to have sex in a week or a time, I will not die! I should not resent my wife, nor should I get frustrated.I must not point my wife or myself guilty!
    4. If the frustration is very large, turn to this group and tell me what happens to me ... the group members have given me good advice!
    5. I must concentrate more on her pleasure than mine ... it is finally more satisfying for me too!
    Greetings and keep moving forward!

Espi1971, RightEffort and ANewFocus like this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

The discovery you made a week ago is very valuable! It is the great beginning of a much fuller time. We look forward to accompanying you and helping you in this process.

GamingNerd1234 likes this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello, I take note of the request and add you to the waiting list.
    You may have to wait a while until some places are made.

9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Your advice on appreciating Ayhan the situation offers is important. I often feel that it has to meet certain criteria for it to be right: clean, good breath, shaved legs, and moderately attractive clothes.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  10. Flimsyfryingpan

Flimsyfryingpan Fapstronaut

Just a quick check in since i haven't in awhile. Im on day 8 after a recent reset. Im just trying to stay busy and positive and try not fuck things up anymore.
    Temptation is still always lurking as I can feel when my brain is sending its unnecessary message to my member "wanting attention". I have to stay ahead and vigilant and realize that its not necessary and that there is no need for that signal to be sent.
    Just like quitting smoking its all in your head.....at least for me.

ANewFocus likes this.
  11. Arnuld

Arnuld Fapstronaut

great thank u!

persona2903 likes this.
  12. Abetterfuture

Abetterfuture Fapstronaut

Been doing some mindless YouTube watching lately and need to refocus. I want to be better at writing on this site and increasing my spirituality. I haven't been the best at either of those.

13. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Slipped again last night. May have to avoid coming home tonight until my wife is home because with work stress, I’m too vulnerable to PMO when I’m alone in evenings.

persona2903, Espi1971 and RightEffort like this.
  14. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

I will make a brief summary of the last days:

D86 (Saturday). In the morning I prepared my class that I will give on Tuesday (Effective Call). My brother again showed signs of his undiagnosed mental illness. Now he has persecutory delusions. I tried to reason with him, he insulted me, then he apologized, anyway ... it's not easy to deal with someone like that. I hope he accepts, someday, the help God wants to give him.
    In the afternoon I was in the nursing home, visiting the grandparents and bringing them a word of hope. I already compressed myself with a grandmother to bring wool on my next visit.
    Then, I was at the party of the youth gathering of my Church. I could stand out by winning a basketball game (miracle of God), and after eating, I made several puzzles for them. I felt in glory.

D87 (Sunday). Studied. In the Church I participated in the rehearsal of the play (nobody made fun of this time) and with the choir.

D88 (Monday). In the morning I worked. At home I studied. I was very tired all day, but I struggled to do my homework.

D89 (Tuesday). In the morning I was studying for my exam and I received a call from my job with something urgent. That altered my plans, and I had to stop studying. I was late for the exam but they let me do it. I think I did well ... God will say. What matters most to me in that class is to have planted the seed of faith in my classmates and in the teacher.
    In the afternoon, I gave my class (Effective Call). I had a new student (the husband of one of my students). Thank God that the men of my Church are being encouraged to come to my classes ... but God bless the women, who are the first to support the ministries.

D90 (Today). In the morning I advanced with work. Then, at my house, I took a nap. When I woke up, I was studying for my next class (Glorification). That will be the last class for this year. Next year we will start with Christology.

persona2903 likes this.
  15. GamingNerd1234

GamingNerd1234 Fapstronaut

I messed up yesterday, I had too much time on my hands and PMO, so put me back at 0 days. 1 day will be tomorrow back on track. I hope you guys are doing well!

16. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

I completed a month.
    My previous best all my life was 9 days.
    I feel a sense of freedom that now I don't use my time in wasteful and injurious way.

17. Yay! Sweet man great job! I agree i feel the same

persona2903 and dasher like this.
  18. What helps me is to journal about each relapse and try to learn one thing from it, and then try again, I have a masterbation journal and it gives me a sense of perspective.

keep getting back up brother

persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.

19. Your still in the arena brother keep eyes on the vision and try again - you are bound to be successful.

One of the best advice i got is ONE DAY at a time. Just love it.

persona2903, Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  20. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Today was one clean day. I did some work and realized that I had some deep fears about losing my job and that runs deep for me because I was also abandoned as a child and I fear being abandoned again and also being trapped in an unhappy life.

RightEffort, persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.