1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alcohol Problem

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by hal9000xx, Dec 4, 2019.

1. hal9000xx

hal9000xx Fapstronaut

First I'd like to brag that today is my 30 days mile stone of nofap! If you asked me a month ago I would tell you I wouldn't be able to go that long. And this is your 5+ masturbations per day guy. The one who spent hours upon hours upon hours mastrubating.

The problem I'm facing now is that I seam to fill void with alcohol. I feel way better now I have energy spikes every now and then so its not like i feel I have more energy all the time. But I a lot more time to do something productive and I am better off then I was a month ago, but I just don't know how to deal with this with out licker. I can sit watch TV and drink bottle of Jack all by my self in one sitting. I am afraid I'm heading towards dark side of alcoholism. Did anyone have same experience?

Wordinhaler likes this.
  2. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

It's common to replace one habit with another. The brain is looking for another dopamine fix. Personally, I think that alcohol leads to relapse.

LEPAGE and SirErnest like this.
  3. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

My hangover time used to be prime relapse time, so I am surprised that you have made it to 30 days with that amount of heavy drinking going on.

A whole bottle of Jack in one sitting is far too much to be drinking, especially regularly. How often do you drink this much?

Alcohol will dull your decision making and lower your resistance to temptation, etc. You are unlikely to achieve full reboot with a big alcohol problem - I'm amazed you've made 30 days to be honest.

Looking to fill the void left behind by PMO? You need POSITIVE habits and hobbies, my friend. Do you go to the gym? Do you walk or cycle in the countryside? Do you read every day? Have you tried meditation or yoga/pilates? Would you like to learn a foreign language or learn to play a musical instrument? Do you already play a musical instrument but never practice it?

Imagine if somebody you loved asked them how they should be spending their free time in order to better themselves and fulfill their potential. What would you advise them to do?

Metis07 likes this.
  4. hal9000xx

hal9000xx Fapstronaut

You are both right. Sadly I replaced last night. I am so mad at my self now. I felt that finally after long time I achieved something just to relapse the very night. I drink every night and lately during the day, but whole bottle usually twice a week in one sitting.

fredisthebes likes this.
  5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Sorry buddy, but you are drinking far too much. If you keep drinking this much it will have a serious negative effect on your health - maybe not immediately, but it will happen. In the short term it is effecting your ability to learn, your memory, your ability to interact with people etc. And it is probably costing you quite a lot too!

This needs tackling, and probably now. Try to cut it down, speak to someone, doctor anyone.

6. hal9000xx

hal9000xx Fapstronaut

Yeah its just that I lost hope again after relapsing now I have to force my self to do it all over again.

7. skibum71

skibum71 Fapstronaut

Your better off PMOing than downing a bottle of JD to yourself on a regular basis. Alcohol will destroy your life in a way that PMO cant even get close too. Your looks, health, finances, reputation, employability and mental well being can very easily be destroyed by alcohol.
    Oh and youre far more likely to relapse when you have a hangover.
    If this is a new thing for you, stop drinking NOW before it really gets a hold of you. The longer you leave it, the harder it will be.

Mithras and LEPAGE like this.
  8. Damn, this got me.
    I drank some alcohol to feel happy and avoid stress and not worry about a thing. Will not do that again.

9. Shit, man... Shit... Keep on going strong and just ... I don't know what to really say! Keep your mind clean, I guess that's what can really help. Clean mind won't attach dirty pleasures, I guess.

10. hal9000xx

hal9000xx Fapstronaut

Thank you all for the support. I'm officially giving NoFap another shot. I didn't drink for a week already will try to give it up. It's not even that I enjoy it but kind of stops my mind from thinking all the time its the only way I know of to relax besides faping.

LEPAGE likes this.
  11. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I could very easily start drinking and enjoy it. That’s why I don’t have it in my house.

12. Same!!