1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going bald.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I was thinking about this. In real life I try not to complain as it is a weak trait, or at least not about trivial things like this one. But online I become a crybaby about everything.

Hold it in likes this.
  2. I have seen people use wooden brushes that massage the head to get blood flow back, they say a lot of hair loss is due to poor circulation, also stress.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I have been balding since I was 23. Finally I decided to embrace it when I was around 30 and shaved it all off. I grew a beard and now I cant imagine looking any other way. I am 44 now, I work out, I dress nicely. In addition I have a beautiful wife who couldn't care less that I domt have hair on my head.

4. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I'm pretty sure PMO causes it. Plenty of threads about it in /r/nofap

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

The sub-reddit is filled with psychos and man-children. I wouldn't trust them.

6. You could see a doctor and find out if there are solutions for keeping your hair. But if not, when it comes to women, confidence is way more important than looks. I remember back in high school, I met this guy who was soooo smooth and funny and outgoing. He was the most confident guy I knew, and allll the girls had a crush on him. I remember my mom once pointing out that she didn't understand that, because he isn't attractive at all. At the time, I didn't know what she meant, but looking g back I'm like whoa, yeah, why the heck did so many girls have the hots for that guy? No offense to him (he's not gonna read this) but he was probably the least attractive guy in our entire circle of friends. But i had a huge crush on him, and was jealous when my best friend started dating him.

So anyway, confidence is the key.

But also, I gotta say, at least you're not a woman. Lol I'm not "going bald" (at least I hope not!), but I've been losing a tonnnn of hair lately, and I have no idea why. It was giving me major anxiety, because I loveee my hair. Pretty much everyone compliments my hair all the time, it's always been really long and thick and it's one of my best features. And I'm a woman, which obviously makes the idea of being bald a lot more upsetting.

I'm not trying to say "stop whining, because other people have it worse." You're allowed to be upset about this. But I'm just saying, it could be worse.

Ultimately, I realized that the attachment I have to my hair is not very healthy, and maybe God is using this situation to show me that I'm too vain about some things, and I need to remember what's important. He knows what I need, and if I lose all my hair, so be it. That would suck, but I would survive, and it's really so unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Xenomophide.

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  8. The people trying to comfort you are well intentioned but also full of shit.

The reality is that unless you're one of the lucky few, balding/ness will lower your attractiveness score by a LOT. I used to catch girls staring at me sometimes and even hear stuff like "he's hot" behind my back but ever since my hairline started retreating and the front got thinner I receive nearly zero positive attention from da ladiez.

C'est la vie

Xexos likes this.
  9. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

Yeah man going bald is one of the main reasons i gave up on life. I don't mean by giving up on life killing myself or something like that because suicide would be too extreme, but basically living the hermit lifestyle and not interacting with anyone. I could work online as a freelancer and earn my own money without the need of going outside to work, workout at home without the need to go to the gym, and spend my time on the internet doing whatever is fun and entertaining to me. I'll still abstain from PMO since i hate it so much and i'll not use my bald head as an excuse to be a pathetic wanker to some fucked up fetishes, which would make my situation even more pathetic. I also know that it's game over for me when it comes to women, so i'm fully prepared to never ejaculate in my life again.

So, once my balding is visible and bad enough, i'll never get out of my house again. That would make life so much easier as a young bald man since there would be no one to judge to give me shit for it. It's sorta of my only choice tbh, i'm the worst type to go bald since i'm also short, so it would be horrible for me. Even if i accepted myself, people wouldn't accept me or at least would look down on me, so why even bother?

10. That was so depressing to read. You know this kind of thinking pattern is the one that developes through little to none social interaction (at least that goes for me when I was thinking/believing in the way I thought the world would work).
    You are a human being not a puppet. You are way more than just the opinion of others and your look.
    You have a personality, a history, a potential. You are even younger than I am!
    Do you think just because people are tall and have full hair they have everything in life? No.

Some people imprisoned themselves in a emotional cage. I did it as well.
    My cage was to protect myself from pain and fear but it in the end that cage will always keep you where you are and humans grow through life. What are you hiding for ?
    You can't hide from your ownself. The world is still there... imagine... you live like that the rest of your life.
    Wouldn't you regret that you missed so much things in life just because you were afraid to get hurt.
    There is more than what you know. But you will never experience the great things life has to offer if you don't start living.
    My former math teacher was 24 y/o he was completly bald, short and had a very high voice and no he doesn't have a beard.
    Bald,short and no beard + high voice for a man. But you know what. He was still very cool and enjoying life.
    He has 2 kids and a wife. He is a very good teacher.
    As a human being we will experience bad and good things. There is no other way.

Dim Meadow, Deleted Account and Xexos like this.
  11. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

Hey bro, thanks for your replay.

I know that human beings are much more than their looks and how others perceive them. Maybe back then things were a bit easier, but unfortunately society nowadays is obsessed with looks because they've been brainwashed by the media since a young age that sex is the ultimate goal in life and to reach sex men and women have to be attractive enough. Maybe that's why almost all women are now obsessed with how they look and they spend hours daily putting on make up and styling their hair and wear reveling clothes, because in their mindset, they're worthless if they're not attractive. Men are also becoming the same with the recent rise of the Incel and Lookism movement and many men approach plastic surgeries, not even to fix their flaws, but to enhance what already looks perfectly normal.

That mindset expanded to other areas beside sex and relationships. Things like work, social life, interacting with others. People have become extremely shallow to the point where they would consider anything you do irrelevant if you don't at least look average. I know it's human nature to like beautiful things and hate ugly things, but people nowadays are taking that instinct to the extreme without giving much thought because it aligns with their worldview.

By the way, i don't hate myself for being the way i'am because it's not my fault, but i'm a bit sensitive because i was bullied and made fun of as a child, so i don't think i would be able to become a living joke of people for too much time. As i said, the problem is not whether i accept myself or not, because most people nowadays still wouldn't care about that if they don't like what they're seeing with their eyes.

Mithras likes this.
  12. Yes, it may be a problem but you don't need to make those people who don't you give you a chance part of your life

Xexos likes this.
  13. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

I still have my family and i'm grateful for having them in my life, that's enough for me. Many people don't have family, food, home, health, sanity, safety, access to technology, etc. I have all of those things, so there's no reason to complain about life or not be grateful for what i have.

Anyways, thanks for taking your time and trying to help me, i really appreciate it.

14. Nothing I said was full of shit. I don't say things I don't mean. Just because you don't agree with everyone's opinion here doesn't mean they're lying.

15. Absolutely none of this mindset is healthy or good. And most of it isn't even based in reality. People aren't going to look down on you and not accept you as a person because you're bald. That's not true. You're believing a ton of lies and allowing them to control your whole life. That's really really unhealthy. And it makes me sad to see you justify it and act like everything is fine, when it so clearly is not fine. I doubt there's anything I can say to change your perspective, but seriously, for other people reading and struggling with similar things, do NOT follow this way of thinking and living.

16. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

That's absolutely a sound advice. People shouldn't live the way i want to live. I may be able to handle it, but many people might snap or turn much worse since it's not a good way for most people to live.

But still, i personally would prefer to keep my dignity and pride and become all alone, than interact with people and become a joke. Also as i mentioned before, i would still have God, my family, money, food, house, health, access to technology, etc. So my life is not bad compared to 70% of the population or something.

17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Hey that's my plan too.

Xexos likes this.