1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Doctors have no idea

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Its_about_time, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Its_about_time

Its_about_time New Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I joined Nofap firstly, to see if I could find answers to some medical issues I have been experiencing, and second, to help me stop fapping.

I am 35 and have been masturbating since I was 16. I would say overdid it and still overdo it. When I was 24 I got diagnosed with mild varicoceles. The urologist said that it's fairly common and is not related to masturbation (even though I was convinced my over fapping may have helped cause it). My varicoceles has stayed the same over the years, not gotten worse, but over the years I have notice other weird side effects that appear after masturbating. Side effects like dry eyes, slightly diminished quality of vision, brain fog and muscle weakness to name a few. That is how I came across this site. Typing those side effects into google brought up the nofap website.

But the main side effects I wanted to talk about that I haven't found any information about online are: Bad Breath, an enlarged prostrate, and muscle/joint pain.

I found a thread online where someone mentioned bad breadth, but the doctors who replied to the tread said there was no connection between orgasming and bad breath. I have been to multiple urologists and they all looked at me like I was nuts. So finally, I decided to join this community to see if I could find someone out there who knows what's going on. And maybe I won't. Maybe people will think am wrongly connecting everything back to masturbation while instead something else may be going on. But it has been years of me noticing that only after I masturbate do these symptoms come up.

I am married and my wife is aware of my problem(s). I know the bad breath thing isn't in my head because if I do end up fapping or orgasming, she can smell my bad breath the next morning. She knows that I beat off. And it's 100% accurate all the time. The next few mornings after I orgasm, I have terrible breath. I have a pretty bad taste in my mouth too.

Then there is also the feeling of an enlarged prostrate deep inside my rear. It's the most pronounced the few days after masturbation, then slowly gets better but never goes away completely. The doctors say I am too young for any prostrate issues so they dismiss it.

Finally, I have muscle and joint issues. I have lost a lot of my muscle mass. I don't seem to be able to keep any muscle, and large muscles like my butt or leg muscles are completely soft. They feel especially soft the days after I orgasm.

This is all very weird. And I know at the end of the day, I need to just stop masturbating. But why can't I find one other person who has these symptoms? Why do all doctors say it is healthy and fine to masturbate? And why isn't there more information on these side effects?

I know this is a bit long, but I hope I am able to find some answers. And I will also do my best in sharing what I find. Hopefully my experience can help someone else.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. Hi Its_about_time, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a lot of different issues. Some of these are likely connected to PMO like the brain fog but you have to be careful about drawing links that might not be there. Some things could be somewhat connected like the bad breath being due to sleeping worse but stuff like prostate enlargement happens with age.

At the end of the day there is only one way of finding out if you can improve things and that is to stop PMO. Work with your wife on this and be active on this forum. Hopefully this will help you identify some of the causes of what is going on.

Good luck with your journey!

CodeTalker, BeHappy and Jefe Rojo like this.
  3. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i also have bad breath which i feel is connected to PMO just like you though even on my couple of 100+ days of streak it hardly saw any improvement. It started around one and half year ago after we shifted to a new house, though i don't think it has anything to do with the house and consider it a mere coincidence.

I also have many other common symptoms due to fapping like anxiety, depression, laziness etc. due to which i sleep excessively. I also have a rare condition called seborrheic dermatitis which causes you to have flakes on your head and facial hair. This one, i am sure is caused by fapping because it reduces significantly when i am on a long streak.