1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Urges!

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Aboodhi, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Aboodhi

Aboodhi Fapstronaut

I've this urge problem in the early morning. Every morning I've so much urge in the morning. It seems uncontrollable. Every morning I face this problem. Usually when I go to bed I have no problems at all, but the problem begins when I wake up. Does anyone face the same problem? Any tips please!

2. Yes. Morning is always the most difficult for me.

I have thought about this phenomenon and come up with this conclusion:

My urge to PMO is connected to times when I feel a negative emotion: angry, upset, worried, scared. I want to PMO to make myself feel better.

So in the morning, I'm waking up to all the challenges of life - anything and everything that I see as a hurdle comes back into my mind.

If I think about what specifically is causing me negative emotions then I can analyse those feelings and their causes, and often can minimise the negative emotion by getting it into perspective.

My other tip is to get up, get washed, get dressed quickly and get to work as fast as possible and start mixing with people. Then my mind is forced into the present and into reality.

rainpath, ObiTrice and Aboodhi like this.
  3. Just be thankful you still get morning wood!

MrVaughn likes this.
  4. PeaceDuck

PeaceDuck New Fapstronaut

5. Aboodhi

Aboodhi Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip @MrVaughn

MrVaughn likes this.
  6. Aboodhi

Aboodhi Fapstronaut

Is that good? @Wugazi32

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. DuvetDave

DuvetDave Fapstronaut

Have a wee.
    Our bladders in the morning have filled up and can press on the prostate causing an aroused state.
    So as soon as you wake up, have a wee. Might have to sit down for it though ....

8. ObiTrice

ObiTrice New Fapstronaut

Mr. Vaughn Nice Pointers I might try that myself

MrVaughn likes this.
  9. Testosterone levels are high in the morning. Totally normal. For years I woke up with a huge boner. I wish those days would return, but too much PMO has fucked me up.

ObiTrice likes this.
  10. vegaspoet34

vegaspoet34 Fapstronaut

One of the things that has been working for me is that I have a journal by my bed every morning. When I get the urge, I try to do something more cognitive for fifteen minutes like writing.

MrVaughn likes this.
  11. KellticJK

KellticJK Fapstronaut

I found, having a book on my bed side table works wonders when i wake to morning wood. I wake up at 5am every morning (6am on the weekends), I spend one hour reading, the genre you choose should be historical or scientific (imo)! The reason being, you need to swap the urge for the want of knowledge.

Wanna Stop it likes this.