1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Need Help Overcoming My Addiction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by AJGlover3, Dec 19, 2019.

1. AJGlover3

AJGlover3 Fapstronaut

My name is Anthony and I am currently 16 years old. I have an addiction to PMO and I really need help to overcome it. I started masturbating at around 13 years old and it quickly took control over my life. It was the one thing I looked forward to in the day and I would often structure my day around it to make sure I could do it that day. This pattern has occurred pretty much everyday for 3 years when I started to take notice of my low energy levels, increased anxiety, and countless other things. My longest streak abstaining was 37 days and I was really happy with my results and I had planned to continue on that streak. Unfortunately, I made a poor decision and had a sexual encounter with a girl that led that streak to an end. I had slid back into my old ways with PMO and now I am trying to escape it again.

It is detrimental to my physical, emotional/mental, and spiritual health. I intend on fully removing it from my life and replacing the time spent masturbating on more positive things (working out, self-development, becoming a better person, etc.). I know I have the strength and the will to complete a reboot of 90 days and continue abstaining from there on out. I am extremely grateful for the NoFap community and this forum so I can reveal my struggles to other, more experienced people and get advice/help that will strengthen me. Thank you to all who read this and to all who reply.

2. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the Nofap community.
    The NOPMO journey is not easy but worth the effort.
    The community will support you.

37 days is great - especially in your age.
    Focus on what you really want: true happiness.
    You want to get rid of addiction. You made the habit and you can break the habit. Good luck!

AJGlover3 likes this.