1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have new reply notifications enabled or disabled?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Minsc, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I have them, for the most part, disabled. Ever since the Facebook era I found the overabundance of notifications to actually make me feel worse and more alone. No new notifications meant feeling I was missing out.

These days I get notifications for private messages, this seems reasonable. There's also the odd topic I may temporally subscribe to. I manually the topic lists for new replies and eventually back out of checking a topic all together. While I can still get too invested lurking various forums, in general I find having no notifications helps free my mind to seek out face to face interactions.

2. To each their own brethren!!!, I have my notifications turned on but I don't check them every time I login to this site.

3. I have them enabled. I generally dont like social media that much. I dont use facebook, I deleted my snapchat and only direct messages to communicate with friends trough WhatsApp etc. Nofap is a little different. You can get addicted to the forums as well so be careful, but it is at least much more constructive than facebook and the rest.

4. Hank Pym

Hank Pym Fapstronaut

Me and my generation kids have disabled notifications of all the social media. I only see whtsp, fb infinite notifications on parents and grandparents phone.