1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to start a group chat with serious nofap support.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by crrispiness, Apr 24, 2019.

1. crrispiness

crrispiness New Fapstronaut

i deleted my Facebook, and reddit because they were making me relapse. Now i am trying to develop a smaller texting support group of serious minded people who HAVE PREVIOUSLY had SIGNIFICANT SUCCESS with nofap! Message me for details, iOS would work best

NF SINCE BIRTH and Tafi like this.
  2. Why not start on this forum Brethren!!!!

3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

This post was from April and the person has two posts. I'm all for such a group but texting only would not work the best considering general internet addiction, which we talked about in a recent thread. Unfortunately I think digital natives do not have a sense of perspective as to why real time stuff may be preferred vs. the most convenient and "intuitive" way of communicating, but that is obviously just the stuff we have a habit of doing as PMO is.

Consider the definition of addiction of a narrowing of behavioral repertoire, then always communicating online and/or via text only and not hearing peoples voices and seeing them (except camming of a questionable/triggering nature??) is such a pattern of behavior.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  4. I am going to start a WhatsApp group after Christmas some time. We had some groups going in the past. They usually die out after some time but it is really helpful in the first few weeks of rebooting to have support from peers.

5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

It's really a pattern that carries over into even face to face groups. People may show up for a little while then disappear, maybe more around New year's because of the resolutions. Addiction doesn't tend to involve good attention span. Unfortunately I think a lot of good tools will not even be seen for what they can do because people won't pay enough attention to understand what those guys are talking about, much less the messy business of real community.

6. You made some really good points Brethren!!!!