1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

“There are few things ever dreamed of, smoked or injected that have as addictive an effect on our brains as technology. This is how our devices keep us captive and always coming back for more. The definitive Internet act of our times is a perfect metaphor for the promise of reward: we search. And we search. And we search some more, clicking that mouse like – well, like a rat in a cage seeking another “hit”, looking for the elusive reward that will finally feel like enough.”
    ― Kelly McGonigal, Maximum Willpower

NF SINCE BIRTH and jk243 like this.
  2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.
    Benjamin Disraeli

One Eyed Owl and engelman like this.
  3. “I’m not what I think I am, I’m not what you think I am, I am what I think you think I am.”
    – Cooley

4. ”Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”

5. KenzooM

KenzooM New Fapstronaut

"A fish with his mouth closed never gets caught".

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

This

Attached Files:

7. Doubt kills more dream than failure will ever kill.

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

-Ted Chiang, Dacey's Patent Automatic Nanny
    [​IMG]

9. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known.”

A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens

10. Spot on :emoji_ok_hand:

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  11. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.

cr7da8055 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  12. If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

NF SINCE BIRTH and One Eyed Owl like this.
  13. "Quality is not an act,it is a habit"
    Aristotle

NF SINCE BIRTH and Force Majeure like this.
  14. In Three Words, I Can Sum Up Everything I’ve Learned About Life. It Goes On

-Bob Frost

15. i am built from every mistake i have ever made.

16. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
    Oscar Wilde

17. "We all do our duty when there's no cost in that, honor comes easy then. Yet, it comes a day in every men's life when it's not easy. When he must choose"

18. "I can shoot threes now. I can finesse you. I can dunk on you. I can guard anything, and I'm rebounding better. When I block shots I catch the ball. I can post you up with my back to the basket and hit you with a post move. Or I can face you up and use my quickness to blow by you."
    -Chris Walker

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  19. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

20. 007malone

007malone Fapstronaut

Hebrews 12:11 no discipline seems pleasant at the time. But painful. Later on however,it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it