1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need advice from you guys

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by mario12, Dec 29, 2019.

1. mario12

mario12 New Fapstronaut

Hello guys I know this might be our common problem, but I really want to share with you guys.
    I have been trying to quit for a years now and I cant find enought strenght. Sometimes I got away far, up to 2 months but others I just got to starting and stopping at the middle with regret. I am 19 years old now and I just wanted to erased everything that I watched. Somedays I just say, I am just going to watch once and then I quit for good.

I need you guys to please advice me, I really wanted to scare myself out of it as I did with other addictions like smoking but I can't. It always seems harmless but it isnt and it caughts you when your down… after that I just feel guilty, I am not watching it more than twice a week but I cant enjoy it and I dont want to keep doing it. So how do I stop?

If you guys want to just help me, to scare me out of it to see how harmfull it is (but not to traumatize me :)). I just want to make my deeper conscious understand that its not good even if it feels good in the moment the guilt of failing beats it all.

Thanks for Reading it until here, and I hope I can help some of you to.

2. Suk

Suk Fapstronaut

Stop before you end up having PIED....if I'd known something like this existed I'd have stopped watching a long time back.

3. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

So unfortunately, this isn't something that (in my opinion) someone can simply be "scared out of" as you put it. This is an absolute full-on addiction and to recover from it takes some seriously hard work and dedication. I go to a weekly SA meeting, I have a sponsor, two accountability partners, and a therapist. If there was something that could simply cure us, or scare me out of it, I'd definitely have done that already. I can't speak to any other addiction, but this one doesn't have anything like that.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  4. To be truly successful with givibg it up, that decision needs to cone from within. Id say theres only so much an outside factor could enforce for you.

Start with above. Build onto that why you turn to pmo, and understand that root cause too. In my opinion its the only way to solve it, without understanding and addressing that all youre doing is puttibg a band aid over it.

Mattybnewme likes this.
  5. Mattybnewme

Mattybnewme Fapstronaut

Yeah my man you dont need to scare yourself dude. You already sound scared haha. You dont want to do it and cant stop, isnt that scary enough. Got to figure out why your doing it man.

6. mario12

mario12 New Fapstronaut

Thanks guys you all are right, I think I do it as a way to find a moment of release from my anxiety problems