1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

exploring a new way to make love

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Freshstart1990, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Freshstart1990

Freshstart1990 Fapstronaut

So I just wanted to post this here but I will try and put regular updates in my journal.
    Basically I have very recently gotten back with my Ex after we spent some time working through some problems that were basically all related to my PMO addiction.

We have been talking about ways to rebuild intimacy while I am on my journey to recovery from P addiction and something we really want to emphasise is the focus and making love together rather than just having sex to orgasm. This will mean different things for both of us. But for me its going to be about teaching myself that my genitals should not be my main focus when making love to my partner and instead I will focus on intimacy, connection and becoming closer with her again. It does not mean I am going to deny myself of O. But from now on O will be a by product of intimacy and not the main goal.

I guess in a practical sense this means a few changes.
    1: More of a focus on intimate activities that aren't sex, e.g. simple back massage, cuddling ect.
    2: allowing my body to do what it needs, by this I mean if I lose my erection I won't force it up, I will simply let go and find another way to be intimate with her.
    3: If the O isn't going to happen then it doesn't matter. I will be present in the moment and intimacy will be the main goal. If that intimacy makes me O then thats ok, but if what we are doing won't make me O then that is also ok.

So hopefully in the future I will be able to expand on this journey and share my thoughts and experiences here as they happen.

2. anewhope

anewhope Fapstronaut

Good idea and I think this is a great way forward. I was struck that all your mentions of orgasm in your post were about yours; you didn't mention hers at all! Focussing on her pleasure (whether it results in her orgasm or not) is a very good way for you to reconnect with a real physical woman, not just a screen, to build intimacy and to demonstrate that (in contrast to PMO) you are putting her needs ahead of your own.

Good luck. I hope it helps.

ANH

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    EyesWideOpen likes this.