1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about libido

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by unexpectedsyzygy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. unexpectedsyzygy

unexpectedsyzygy Fapstronaut

So here I am, having rebooted once again after a three weeks. I broke after two weeks of taking hours to fall asleep at night, dripping wet from my sakura matou-esque hormones. I've got two questions:

1. The first week, I had this drop in libido predicted by the nofap pdf. I've always wondered: what's the name of this effect, and do we know its source?

2. I've had these two weeks stuggling against my pulses. I was satisfied when I masturbated daily, so my question is this one: does this state of unbearable lust subside after some time or have i come face to face with my true libido, and this is what I must expect for the rest of my abstention?

Thanks in advance!

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  2. Zimzi

Zimzi Fapstronaut

I am pretty sure it’s called flatlining when u lose it. I think it’s cuz u kinda go numb from not feeding the addiction type thing. Defs dopamine related. The unbearable lust is a withdrawal thing and will go away. Lust itself is different when you quit for some time tbh so like ya.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  3. I think it comes in cycles although the affects of flatlining can be felt to different extremes for people. It might be worth just checking in on here if you feel you're experiencing any significant changes as they occur. Might involve going from having MW for a few days on end to suddenly feeling nothing down there, or feeling physically lathargic or seeing changes in your mood. Main thing to try and keep in mind (although admittedly often easier said than done) is why you are giving up PMO and the steps you have put in place to prevent relapses or minimise the affects of relapses (I.e binging) to until the affects subside.

Hope you do well.

unexpectedsyzygy likes this.