1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

need some advice .

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 19m, Jan 2, 2020.

1. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

i keep obsessing over things that’s scare me like some paranormal things and i don’t want to personally but my mind does how do i stop this from happening ?

toms_feelings likes this.
  2. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

When I was a kid, I was horrified of the dark. Now, I ask myself if I should really fear it, considering I'm not much different than a demon myself. Instant cure, no joke.

Don't fear demons dude. At least you can see them for what they are. Fear the people who smile at you as they blow holes through your body.

3. Pathofsuccess_1

Pathofsuccess_1 Fapstronaut

You might have intrusive thought OCD (maybe that’s a little bit of an extreme diagnosis) but I know I do. Whenever I get thinking about something extremely frightening, disgusting or cringe, I end up thinking about it for a while. Some periods are better than others, but it’s just my personality. You could on the other hand just be simply someone that has a hard time with overthinking and/or can’t get things off their mind (it’s common). My advice is to relax and take deep breaths and realize that these things aren’t worth fearing! Go ride a bike (maybe not now in the northern hemisphere because of it being winter). Go to the gym! Go draw! Go get busy! Extra time on our hands can cause our minds to go spiraling sometimes. Stay strong and you’ll get through it!

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Fear the economic inflation. You can't see it or touch it, but it will devastate everything.

5. If you are fighting these thoughts then that may be the problem. Listen to them. Consider them. Don't let them panic you. So what if they are weird?
    Go to forums in which you can share your ideas.
    As long as they are not forcing you to make decisions you do not want to make, so what?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  6. TXile

TXile New Fapstronaut

Do you keep a daily journal or occasionally write down what's on your mind? I often have anxiety attacks when my mind starts spinning out of control worrying about my health and I find it helps to write down what I'm thinking. The physical act of writing forces my mind to slow down as I focus on the pen and paper. Also, once I've committed a thought to the page it helps my brain from repeating those thoughts over and over. It gives me a chance to look at what I'm feeling and think about it with a more critical eye.

Fork2323 likes this.
  7. Might try this

8. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

thanks !

9. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

thanks i might try this!

10. 19m

19m Fapstronaut

thank you !