1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

It’s been tough!

I’ve been feeling down and want to M. It was hard mode for me for about six weeks. I had sex with my wife about a week ago (two very little kids make is near impossible to have sex these says!) and I slept well for the first time in weeks and weeks. I’m craving that feeling again.
    A voice in my head is quite persuasive. I just want to M. What’s the big deal? Another part of me remembers how I feel afterwards. Empty. Aching. The memories are vivid, albeit old. It’s interesting that I’m developing a counter reaction to these temptations. Let’s see where this takes me...

2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Checking in with a new counter.

I’ve got a new diet going I’m hoping will be a new way of life. I’d like to get back to some of the habits that helped with PM and keep building a healthier happier life.

3. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Found myself about to close an account and was distracted by what I saw........back to the beginning. Anyway, new week.

persona2903 likes this.
  4. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Hi all, sorry I’ve been way from the group for a few weeks. Still doing fine. Have found a happy balance in my life at present. This group and NoFap in general helped me hugely in 2019!!
    Starting 2020 in a much better place. I’ll still pop up occasionally as time allows. My running buzz is still going, and I’ve been signed up for a half marathon in May, so I’ll be focusing spare time on getting ready for that, a very welcome distraction!!
    For those struggling with PMO, I can’t recommend enough that you look at:
    1. Meditation
    2. Fitness
    3. Education (learn more about what PMO does to you, learn more about Shenpa and the hook of addiction)
    I am not saying I’m cured, but I am saying I’m happy with where I am, and where I see things going.

Do I still have urges? Yes.
    Can I manage them? Much better than ever before!!

Keep going everyone, I don’t think so much about the number of days of a streak, but I think of the number of times in a month I PMO. I’ve worked on reducing that number instead! I’ve got it to zero for the last two months. Slightly different approach, but it works for me.

5. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Checkin: still kickin'.

6. zhuye

zhuye Fapstronaut

checking in for another day!

persona2903 and discovery like this.
  7. Glad to hear you are on the right track. Success stories like these are what keep me going. And also congrats on your 60 days! That is no small achievement.

persona2903, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  8. If you are having good relations with the wife and avoiding M, that is the holy grail of what we are all striving for. Stick with it if you can. Returning to M will only increase your urges.

9. @emanuel_free congrats on your 30 days! Hope you can make it another 30.

persona2903, discovery and Rebooter13 like this.
  10. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I had an out of body experience while ogling a pretty woman at a gym class. It was so odd. It felt strange to want to connect with another person on a very superficial level for several minutes and to never give them another glance. And then to look for another object for my lust. What a weird way to live a life!

artifact and Freeman82 like this.
  11. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

So this is what a relapse feels like, great now I know! Day zero today but soon approaching Day 1. Bring it.

GottaBFree, persona2903 and Timber like this.
  12. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

13. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Hello guys i wish the share something with you.
    I used to M and watch P usually from the urges i had about that but the last months it feels different.It feels like i am doing that more like a habbit and a way to fight boredom than satisfy myself..
    I don't know if it's my mind playing games or not.There are sometimes i even feel bored to watch P and M and i am not even feeling any sexual arousal before starting that (actually i feel disgusted) but i am doing it anyway.I think if i try to avoid those relapses at first then i will have a win agains this shit.
    The last 2-3 months i am feeling the urge to go out , interact and flirt with a real woman after more than a year of absent from the "market"..
    Atm i don't feel confident enough but i know myself , i know how i used to be and i know i need to start somewhere.
    Maybe that's a good sign or maybe it's just my mind fooling me...history will show!

14. I relapsed last night too. At least I had a 7 day streak which is respectable! 10 day streak would be great.

15. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

16. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear about recent relapses! Today is the best day to start over! Onward and upward!

@Rebooter13 sounds like you are at a crossroads. You have been chasing pleasure without meaning. This is meant to exhaust you eventually. Sounds like you are now running on empty. Hold onto this feeling because your mind will try to ignore it when you want to PMO next time. Good luck!

17. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

I feel kind of angry with myself this morning, irritated. With all the years of intense effort how is it possible that my counter stands at 3 days? If I had a twin I would punch him right now. LOL