1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The easiest 30 Days with connection and Mindset

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Paf-On, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

I've been an addict for 23 years. And in the past 17 years I've been struggling to be free from PMO.
    It steal my youth, my social skill, my mind and physic.

In 17 years, my record streak is just 30 Days about 3 times. And it really hard to achieve it.
    I've doing morning routine, write journal, build keystone habit, affirmation, deleted all social media, set password for trigger app in my smartphone and only my bestfriend know the password is, meditation, read article and video... And so on.

But I found it so easy in the last streak, and still continue. I hope it can be lifestyle.

Why it so easy?
    The answer is just two simple thing. Connectivity and Mindset.

Connection

Once I heard that the opposite from addiction is not sobriety, the opposite of addiction is connection.
    I don't believe it when I heard it the first time.
    But after I join and active in this site, I believe it. With this site I find connection with other people around the world. Every day I read success story from another person, join event and challenge, duel one on one with other person, it give me inspiration and make me feel that I'm not alone struggling with this addiction.
    And the importan thing, it change my mind set.

Mindset

I always feel that my monster urge still lying in my shoulder and wait for perfect moment to whispering and persuading me to doing PMO. Waiting for perfect moment when I'm weak or having really bad days. Waiting when I'm tired and in the bad mood. Waiting when I'm alone and bored.
    That's why I have more aware with my mind and emotion. When something bad happen, I always have conversation in my mind. "Be carefull, your monster urge still watching"
    But sometime when big urge come, I just feel it and let it go with smile.

I hope my story will give you little inspiration, because benefit of nofap is real. Everytime I've done 30 Days nofap, miracle happen (I'm not sure how it works). I meet my wife, I have promoted, I have a baby.

At last, from the deep of my heart, I just wanna say thank you for this community. Thank you for the support and inspirational.
    My journey will never end, and it stil a long journey. I hope it not stop in 30 Days.

Wish me luck

PS : Sorry for the grammar, English is not my native language

2. Congrats, Paf-On! Wishing you continued success!

captainteemo likes this.
  3. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Thank you.
    Really appreciate it...
    Continue for your 50 Days... Someday I will reach it...

captainteemo likes this.
  4. captainteemo

captainteemo Fapstronaut

amazing to read your story keep upp the good work and make nofap a lifestyle you can do this and i know you can!

Paf-On likes this.
  5. Cavemanman

Cavemanman Fapstronaut

Funny, that phrase "opposite of addiction is connection." is a quote I pulled to use for my high school speech class final, I found it just as true and powerful as you have. Congratulations on your family, remember to fight on!

Marshall 5 likes this.
  6. ElendilThePrince

ElendilThePrince Fapstronaut

Great inspirational stuff! Thank you!

7. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Thank for your belief in me... Really appreciate it.
    I'm sure your journey will success too...

captainteemo likes this.
  8. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Yeah, it really works. Altough sometime big urge come and go. With this kind of comment really give me motivation. Thank you

captainteemo and Marshall 5 like this.
  9. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

You're welcome...
    Stay strong

captainteemo likes this.