1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So you think you have ocd huh?.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 11, 2020.

1. I am making this post to educate people on what ocd truly is, this is not to say you do not have it but I wish to provide you with what ocd truly looks like. When I was a kid I would have urges to stick my hands in the couch Cushins to relieve the pressure, I would also touch under my moms chin a lot. When I was little I thought i would turn into Mickey Mouse, when I was even older I thought I would turn into shrek, i did not want to look at him, think about him, I would hide my food if the movie was on because I did not want him to contaminate it and turn me. When I was in my mid teens I feared I would turn into a baby, I could not look at pictures of them, I was tormented with thoughts and images of them, I did not want to touch them, look at them, go near anything related to them, I was terrified I would become one or something weird. This effected me not being able to go near water bottles because my mom kept them in her craft area which had baby pictures so naturally water bottles became contaminated and I grew a hate for those to. Luckily I was able to overcome babies and water bottles which I still do not like looking at, by exposing myself to it, I don’t like looking at water bottles that is. I worked at a grocery store so I had to work in the baby isle so this helped break me out of it, which I believe is the cure to most obsessions, exposure!. I also had compulsive praying because of fear of blasphemy, and something I call “meeping” which is a compulsive noise I make, I also had compulsive counting like counting how many words were in bill boards and such, or having to make pairs of words in my head equaling certain numbers. I also have had second guessing like with wondering if I locked the door even after I just checked 10 times, or having to step inbetween the cracks on the side walk a certain number of steps. So before you say you have ocd, which I am not saying you don’t, ask yourself does this sounds like you at all?, or are you just suffering depression induced anxiety, I have a legit medical condition, so what do you have?, false ocd or real?. And let me state I am not putting people down, I swear everyone gets so offended so easily, there is a difference between ocd and generalized anxiety disorder, ocd makes up approximately 2.3% of the population so no not everyone who thinks they have it do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
    pezzer likes this.
  2. Except what is “false” OCD? Someone’s that doesn’t measure up to yours? Because honestly, yours is definitely not the standard and sounds like severe OCD or something else.

Most people have OCD to a certain extent and then there’s more severe ones, but each person that has it deals with it whether they like it or not. If you’re obsessing over something and can’t stop it mentally/physically then you have OCD, I don’t think the people that claim they have it are lying or something.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  3. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I'm pretty sure 80% of the population had these compulsions at some point in their lives. At least, I did when I was a kid. A lot of my friends still do.

What kind of psychopath steps on the cracks on the sidewalk? o_O
    *shudders*

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  5. those things can be caused by basic anxiety.

6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

I wouldn't even call it anxiety.

It's simply a norm of comfort, kind of like putting on both socks first, followed by shoes instead of sock>shoe>sock>shoe.

Not everything has to be a disease or syndrome.

Still, I disagree with the claim you make. What you suffer from is rather extreme OCD. This doesn't give you the right to downplay others' conditions if they are less severe than yours.

This isn't a competition for the last seat in a shrink's office.

7. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

This,
    for example, is also something that ticks me off, but I just assume it's either an extension of your condition or you just suck at punctuation, and I quite easily ignore it.

It may cause some people to shit themselves though. That's also valid criteria for an OCD diagnosis if their response is extreme, like scratching at their screen or screaming in anger. It's why there's so much grammar police on the internet.

8. A little bit of psychology, you are aware that putting anxiety aside for a second, any negative behaviour that’s repeated can (and usually does) turn to OCD right? If you’re repeatedly doing something that you don’t want to do that’s an obsession.

Speaking on anxiety, looking at what you said all of your irrational fears, compulsions ultimately ended up turning to an obsession, but that literally stemmed from one thing, anxiety. You’re not just born with OCD or these irrational things, we ultimately make them ourselves especially growing up.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  9. Only 2.3% of the population approximately has ocd, so no you don’t just turn ocd most of the time, a lot of people on here just have anxiety and that is the point I was making.

10. This post is not about my grammar but thanks for the lesson, and yah some grammar police do have ocd, my whole point is you can have gad but not ocd, unless it massively effects your life it’s not ocd but simply oc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
  11. I stated multiple times I am not saying people don’t have it, and I simply made this post as an example for people who are unsure whether they have it.

12. I never claimed anyone is lying, I simply made this post so people unsure can be sure if they have it, I simply do not believe everyone has it as often as they say they do, like I said only 2.3% of the population has it approximately so it’s not as common as people make it seem on here, most people simply suffer from gad.

13. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

You stated the first half, sure. Nothing about the 2nd half has been mentioned prior, however. Glad we got that bit clarified.

14. Stats aren’t always 100% accurate, there’s over 7 billion people on this planet... either way anxiety doesn’t just “make” you constantly obsess over what your doing though, if you’re obsessing and can’t stop that’s straight up OCD. You don’t need to ask a doctor to tell you your obsessing is OCD related.

Well the way you typed it you make it out to be yours is the “true” form of OCD, yet the severeness of yours doesn’t make it the norm or standard and is just more aggressive than most. As I said researchers have stated most people today have a bit of OCD, an obsession is an uncontrollable thought or fear that causes stress, and if your family is prone to depression and especially moderate/high anxiety OCD can be triggered more easily than someone who doesn’t have both of those.

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I like to wash my hands after using the toilet, not before.

I must have anxiety.

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  16. Most people do not wash before going, I personally do because I find it gross touching my privates with nasty sticky feeling hands, totally gross.