1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Number of Tinder matches declining over time... is Tinder a set up?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by R2DToy, Jan 15, 2020.

1. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

Another thing I'm wondering about. I remember when I just started my Tinder account, I had a bunch of matches over time, which have declined more and more over time. It's almost as if you 'sink' to the bottom of the list? Until you pay for a Boost ofcourse. It almost seems as if they've set it up that way.

Does anyone know more about this?

2. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Yes, its the algorithm. It's their way of getting you to pay for their service.
    They expose you a lot in the start to get you hooked on their app.

3. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Yep. I want love but those sites aren’t worth it. I’d rather have the money.

4. Zapster21

Zapster21 Fapstronaut

Just reset your user, and move the girls over to your favorite free messaging app like Facebook, WhatsApp or whatever. Plenty of matches and money saved ;)

5. autopsyhater

autopsyhater Fapstronaut

I messed around with Tinder a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend it. I echo the above, the algorithm is designed to torment you and get you to pay. After a few weeks, your profile sinks to the bottom.

I would advise approaching women in real life and working on your social skills that way. If you do meet a chick from Tinder, what are you gonna say to her, if you aren't used to talking to them?

6. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

Every time I sign up I get a ton of matches in the first few days and almost no matches after that.

7. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

Just create a new profile every few weeks. Also, use Photofeeler.com to try to find your best photos. Even if you're no Brad Pitt, selecting your best photos will make a HUGE difference. And you need complete strangers to decide which are your best photos. You can't judge that for yourself, and neither can anyone who knows you. If you start using Photofeeler, you might be surprised. Photos of yourself that you thought were good could turn out to be the ones other people like the least.

Oh, and try Bumble too. In my experience it seemed a bit better than Tinder. I think women probably feel safer and more confident on there because they get to make the first move.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. HornyChang

HornyChang Fapstronaut

Yeah tinder has this thing called elo and it lowers significantly over time. And if you spam swipe right. It will you put at the very bottom where you get no matches. The elo stays with your phone number even if you delete your account, so if you want a fresh account you have to use one of those apps that gives you a free number to text with. I've tested it out before.

The main thing to get a fk ton of matches is either be model status good looking, getting really good photos or the cheat code get 6 pack abs/shredded af. But overall tinder is shit and you should just work on talking to real girls because girls on tinder are put on the pedestal. 6s becames 8s and 10s become gods.

9. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

It’s hard to communicate WHO YOU ARE to people on Apps. If you take a photo they don’t like you’re swiped away. If you’re lucky to have someone talk, they can very easily stop talking too. It can drive you insane, leading to volcanic rage and hurt. It’s impossible to not take it personally, especially when you want something others are enjoying - love and companionship. That’s the fine line - if you love something strongly, or want something strongly, it can very easily morph into strong hate.