1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

At what point do you consider your marriage sexless?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by need4realchg, Jan 9, 2020.

At what point do you consider a marriage sexless?

1. less than 7 times a week

5.3%
  2. less than 1x a week

18.4%
  3. less than once a month

39.5%
  4. handful of times a year

36.8%
  1. Not sure your ages but why are you expecting excitement ?

your comment suggests you yearn for novelty. If you are a PA ... then bingo. Comparing your wife to the virtual experience is going to feel boring. Comparing her to other women (I did that one too) is a great way to shut down the creative factory.

the truth here... monogamous sex is not going to be as glamorous as we wish. We only get 50% Vote on its creation. But sex is almost certainly a necessary ingredient nevertheless.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  2. Damnation

Damnation Fapstronaut

There was no physical attraction from day one. We each needed a roommate that was financially responsible when we were in our early 20s. We had known eachother from middle school, she was attracted to me, I liked her as a friend. That was 20 years ago. By the time we got married we had lived together 10 years. It was already very much uninteresting. We have an 8 month old, twins on the way, a big mortgage and medical professional careers. Financially it is good, and we are good friends.

need4realchg likes this.
  3. Damnation

Damnation Fapstronaut

Also novelty is needed, testosterone production kicks in with dopemine, dopemine comes from novelty. Monogamy goes against ancient mammalian wiring. If you're religious, I suppose you can act as if it's a good thing. But it really just leads to the death of your masculinity.

need4realchg likes this.
  4. I’m Nodding yes.
    We may be strange bedfellows on this point actually.

any monogamy requieres some form of faith ... it’s Not innate to systems Of disbelief.

If I am not willing to believe in monogamy/marriage, then I am not willing to suspend my drive for additional partners as needed.

A point I intended to make was, even arranged marriages have some sense of novelty. But these are not limited or rooted in visual stimulation.

the issue of connection is emotional. Many 70 year old couples are having great sex without the basis of visual cues. It’s a history of emotional attachments that drive this.

sex without healthy emotional attachment (albeit to a single person) will create a false sense of intimacy. Ah obligation but not Inter-personal warmth.

Erections can come from emotional attachment —- it’s not necessarily a visual experience.

Maybe the issue you face is more about quality than the quantity of sex?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

So why did you marry then?

She must really yearn for some mammalian novelty at this point, poor woman.

Deleted Account and Hopefulgirl like this.
  6. Damnation

Damnation Fapstronaut

Because she wanted to get married, I didn't, she knew that. I do not pity her, as she has made all her decisions, well informed about how I feel. Including not having attraction for her. She stayed when I wanted to break up. She pushed marriage when I told her I wasn't interested.

7. i Can understand your mixed bag of feelings here. Was the prospect of children a mutual decision in your opinion ?

8. Damnation

Damnation Fapstronaut

The 8 month old was planned, the twins, was an oops. But I can't complain. We make beautiful babies. My daughter is a magazine baby. We can't go anywhere without people stopping us to admire her, and I suspect my twins will be the same. We all know how important being attractive is. It's pretty much everything.

Deleted Account and need4realchg like this.
  9. Unless I’m missing something... twins and a 8 month old within two years Was fruitful sex. If you consider the kids a blessing then I hope you see the procreation act that preceded them as one too! Congrats .

10. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

I’ll be 71 in March. I can say this my wife would love for us to have a sexless marriage. She longs to be hugged and touched but sex is painful and uncomfortable. ( there are medical issues) So I have to settle for non vaginal releases. I miss it terribly. To me the penetration makes me feel connected to her and my most intense feeling of love for her. (46 1/2 years married.)

11. Wow! I'm 34, and my wife is 31...can't comprehend what sex is like at that age! I hope I still have a sex drive then, that's good going!

What is sex drive, erections, etc like at that age?

12. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

Certainly less immediate and less frequent. You go slower but still works. Once you get going it’s just as good. Still have wet dreams but not as often, once a week or so. Less morning wood but also still happens. It’s about the only thing that doesn’t shrink. Full on only about 45degrees when erect not quite as hard. Wife takes more work to get going. Still worth the effort. Urges are less frequent but still have to restrain from M or you might not be ready if called to duty. The weirdest thing is you look in the mirror and you don’t recognize who your looking at. No longer the strong young man you were. Just some old man.

need4realchg and Deleted Account like this.

13. Thanks for sharing! Good to know it even works at that age, well done!! Gives me motivation to stay in good shape!

Breadman likes this.
  14. Damnation

Damnation Fapstronaut

If I am lucky enough to live to your age, I wholly intend to get on test and HGH, illegally if necessary. When they bury me, they'll have to put me in a double wide, my lats and chest will be so big

Deleted Account and Breadman like this.